Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with almost £1.5B invested into campaigns and more than 1450 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with teams also across Portugal and Germany. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 4,000 of our own users.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
We’re looking for an Investment Associate to join our London based investment team, to launch successful fundraising campaigns for Europe’s leading startups.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for startups and early stage investments, with a natural ability to project manage, build trusting client relationships and drive success.
The Investment team is at the core of our operations and the Investment Associate’s role is to deliver a world class customer experience in order to ensure customer success. You’ll have ownership of your own pipeline of seed and scale size businesses aiming to raise funds on the Seedrs platform. With our training, you’ll use your project management, marketing and interpersonal skills to guide clients through the fundraising process, advising them on best practice in order to achieve the desired result for their business.
As the client facing team at Seedrs you will also use your commercial acumen and attention to detail to ensure we are presenting high quality investment opportunities to the Seedrs investor base. You’ll work closely with our legal & investment team and compliance team to perform due diligence on clients throughout their fundraising process.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has recently graduated or is early in their career to move into early stage investing and be able to say they supported some of Europe’s leading startups.
What you'll do
- Manage your own pipeline of campaigns throughout the fundraising process on Seedrs.
- Work with entrepreneurs to support them with the preparation of their crowdfunding pitch, video and other connected materials required to launch their fundraising campaign.
- Advise entrepreneurs on planning marketing strategies to maximise the success of their campaign whilst its live on the site.
- Guide startups through the Seedrs due diligence and deal execution processes (which includes preparation and execution of legal documents).
- Work alongside the rest of the Investment Team on projects to improve the processes and products we use to support entrepreneurs whilst fundraising.
Who we’re looking for
- A true passion for entrepreneurship, innovation and genuine empathy for entrepreneurs. If you don’t believe that startups will change the world, this job is not for you.
- Strong account management and customer success skills: excellent interpersonal skills and a superb telephone manner to quickly build rapport with customers. Strong organisational skills to effectively manage multiple tasks under pressure.
- Experience of working in a client facing role.
- A high attention to detail and thorough in your approach to your work.
- Are fluent in English and have excellent writing skills.
- Possess a willingness to work flexibly. We are a very fast growing company, and we need to operate with all hands on deck.
- Legally authorised to work in the UK.
- 30 minute telephone interview with our Senior Investment Manager.
- 1 hour interview with our Senior Investment Manager and Investment Manager, including a 30 minute section to discuss a presentation we will ask you to prepare.
- 45 minute interview with our Senior Investment Manager & CIO.
- Culture interview held by the People Team.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Competitive salary plus a discretionary bonus scheme.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!