Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with almost £1.5B invested into campaigns and more than 1450 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with teams also across Portugal and Germany. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 4,000 of our own users.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What You'll Do
As a Portfolio Associate at Seedrs you will work directly with our exciting and ground-breaking portfolio companies as they raise capital to realise their ambitions.
You will have the opportunity to work with leading founders and entrepreneurs from across the UK and Europe. The varied nature of this role will include:
- Researching and originating new investment opportunities from within the Seedrs portfolio.
- Building relationships with the founders and senior management teams at our high growth portfolio companies.
- Providing education and guidance to assist portfolio companies with new rounds of fundraising on and off the Seedrs platform, including educating on the benefits of follow-on equity crowdfunding rounds with Seedrs
- Preparing and closing commercial agreements with founders for raising on Seedrs.
- Identifying and developing new products and services we can provide to our portfolio companies to add value.
The job requires a wide set of skills, including top-notch interpersonal skills, a commercial mindset, understanding of the sales process, and a genuine empathy for entrepreneurs and the challenges they go through. We look for self-starters; you need to be entrepreneurial yourself, and are expected to challenge the way you work, adapting accordingly to the needs of your clients and the business.
Who We’re Looking For
Ideally you will have at least 2 years of professional experience, but we’re not picky about what it is. It may be in consultative sales, business development and/or partnerships with SMEs, or experience in a more corporate/technical position with a passion for start-ups and a desire to pivot into a more commercial role.
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation, you’ll be excited by the opportunity to interact with passionate entrepreneurs of every kind.
- Excellent communication skills, you prepared and deliver compelling proposals and presentations.
- Confident speaking to C-level executives and founders, either 1:1 or presenting to room of 30+ people at an event.
- Commercially minded, able to spot opportunities that will help drive Seedrs’ growth as well as prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve targets.
- Familiar with early-stage investment activity and how it works.
- Team player, able to collaborate with and support members of other teams to achieve the same goal.
Nice to haves
- Operational experience which you can use to help our entrepreneurs with their businesses, such as marketing, fundraising, legal, growth hacking, or customer acquisition.
- Familiar with Seedrs; you’ve either invested with us or worked at one of our portfolio companies
We have a multi stage interview process:
- 30 minute chat with the Portfolio Manager
- 1 hr interview with the Portfolio Manager and CCO
- Culture Interview with the People Team/Colleagues
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!