Job Title: Showroom Assistant
Department/Group: UK Showroom
Line Manager: Showroom Manager
Location: London, Soho
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Travel Required: No
Who we are
At MADE.COM we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers and no high street stores. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture at attractive prices.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Showroom Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the showroom standards - clean, dust, up-keeping of upholstery, moving furniture
- Providing exceptional product knowledge, order process and brand knowledge confidently and in an engaging manner to visitors
- Working with the Manager and Team Leaders to exceed Key Performance Indicators set for the showroom
- Confidently being able to use technology to enhance the visitor experience
- Keen interest or background in interior design in order to assist visitors with entire room schemes
- Providing exceptional customer service at all times
What you’ll need
- A background in design/interior design and experience in a furniture showroom/shop is an advantage
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a face to face environment
- Passionate and confident speaker, able to provide a high level of product knowledge to visitors whilst also creating enthusiasm for the products and brand
- Working within a small team so must be able to multi-task and work on their own
- Must be able to work in a high paced environment
- Assisting with furniture deliveries including unpacking and building furniture
- Able to work evenings and weekends, without restrictions
What we offer
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We’re proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra day of holiday for every year served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we’re open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it’s important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of London.
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.