🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
📣 A bit about the role.
We are looking for an exceptional Recruiter to join the Butternut People Team at a very exciting time in our journey. We are growing quickly and have ambitious plans over the next few years. This is definitely a role for someone that is comfortable (and thrives) in a fast-paced target driven environment.
Our mission at Butternut is to deliver health & happiness to dogs & their humans all over the world. As we grow and feed more dogs, we need the right people in place to help deliver our ambitious goals.
This role will report into our People Lead
You can expect to:
- Be the voice/face of Butternut for candidates and make a lasting positive impression whether they are successful or not
- You’ll be contributing to a huge company goal which is to build a team of world class talent
- You’ll work on 360 recruitment, across all levels with exposure across the business working directly with Department Leads and C-suite
- Sourcing both active and passive candidates - looking after the entire recruitment cycle providing a seamless service for internal teams and candidates
- Focus of Diversity and Inclusion, you’ll be an advocate of improving our hiring processes and taking stakeholders on a journey
- Manage end to end hiring process from spec writing through to offer making sure the magic of Butternut comes through to every candidate
- Develop long term candidate relationships, build talent pools, be a pro at talent mapping and accessing referrals
- Be a champion of our values, making sure they are embedded in every process and experience
- You see your role extending beyond the hiring process, being a friendly familiar face to all of our new joiners in their first few weeks
- As a small but mighty People team you’ll support on wider projects and events
👋 A bit about you.
- Passion for start-ups/scale-ups
- You love dogs, naturally. (You like people too…)
- Must have in-house recruitment experience
- Expert user of candidate sourcing and management tools - ATS (Greenhouse), LinkedIn, Otta, Social Media & Job Boards
- Passion for delivering an outstanding candidate experience that includes surprise and delights along the way
- Passionate about Diversity and Inclusion and how People teams can have such a big impact and influence
- Analytical and investigative nature, always #strivingforbetter
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
🙌A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Coworking office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role