Product Manager at Mendelian Health
Solving rare and hard to diagnose diseases.
Mendelian.co is a digital health company based in London building technologies to accelerate the diagnosis of patients with rare and hard to diagnose diseases. Our team of clinicians, data scientists and software engineers are tackling the most complicated diagnoses on a national and global scale. Rare diseases (all 7,000 known types combined) affect over 350m people and take on average 7 years to diagnose in clinics.
Mendelian software is used by the NHS and hundreds of thousands of patients are now benefiting from our technology, which has attracted acclaim from top researchers and clinical doctors in the field.
Who We Are
Mendelian is a round table of physicians, engineers, and strategists.
We are punching above our weight engaging with the highest levels of the NHS and with the world’s most innovative pharmaceutical companies with a lean, mission-focused team. We have set our sights on aggressive scaling and international growth in the next 12 months.
We make working in health feel modern. We work remotely or from one of London’s best coworking spaces. We have monthly together days and bi-annual retreats to set the direction together.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and have an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Our mission is to help doctors diagnose rare disease patients faster. Faster diagnosis is key to the future of the NHS and healthcare abroad, from improving the lives of chronically sick people to reducing inefficiencies in overburdened hospitals. We are deploying early detection systems for rare diseases, some of the most difficult and protracted diagnoses for doctors to make.
We believe that delayed diagnosis is an information challenge and that technological innovation is central to achieving our mission. Founded by engineers and doctors, we’ve held our technology and clinical mind to high standards from the beginning.
If you want to learn more about our mission, and about how rare diseases aren’t that rare at all, then check out our publication Why we do what we do: https://medium.com/mendelian/mendelian-why-eb1ad54d0c81
Mendelian is scaling rapidly. The company is growing its NHS footprint, has a strong pipeline of commercial deals, and is taking its first steps to expand internationally. This brings with it many opportunities and challenges for Mendelian’s core product - MendelScan.
We are looking to make our first dedicated, full-time product hire. The role will at core involve building and owning an ambitious product roadmap and delivering it successfully. That means: understanding the intricacies of our current implementation and identifying opportunities for improvement; building an ambitious plan to drive up user experience and technical product efficacy; assessing trade-offs and making decisions about expanding into more disease verticals and new features.
As is the case in many digital health companies, product at Mendelian involve acting as the interface between varied demands (clinical, commercial, NHS), technical and feasibility constraints (engineering and regulatory), and opportunities yielded by growing access to data.
Mendelian is laser focussed on building products of true value to clinicians and patients, so a clinical background (either medical training, or significant experience working in clinical product management at a digital health company) would be very advantageous in this role.
What You’ll Do
- Build and own an ambitious product roadmap, fit to take Mendelian from its current implementation to a highly scalable and world-leading product in identification of hard to diagnose diseases.
- Work at the interface of clinical, commercial, NHS partnerships, operations and regulatory and engineering.
- Make trade-offs between demands on the product and technical, operational and regulatory feasibility.
We Want You
- 5+ years of product management experience, ideally with a majority working on technical clinical products (e.g. digital health).
- Experience of working in a fast-pace technology environment.
- Good working knowledge of healthcare markets and their challenges (including healthcare systems, pharma companies, regulations, data privacy).
- Demonstrated success in building and scaling complex clinical products, ideally with clinical-facing implementation (rather than D2C apps).
- Understanding of implementation of data science techniques within technical products (e.g. ML/AL, NLP).
- A medical background would be a plus, but is not essential (experience working with clinical products can be a good substitute).
- Great culinary skills for our weekly lunch competition is a plus (that is a joke)
To be successful within this role, you will need:
- Strong attention to detail;
- Good communication skills and networking ability;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Results-focused and goal orientated.
- Location: London (Remote during Covid19)
- Starting date: ASAP
- Job type: Full-time
- Meaningful equity package
- Visa sponsorship is not available.
- We do not work with recruiters