We’re a fast growing events and ticketing platform, transitioning from start-up to scale up. We’re a 30-strong team with new people joining every month.
Whatever size or type of event, we provide a comprehensive end-to-end solution for event organisers, venues, promoters, universities, students and charities. Our website and app are a one-stop-shop for event organisers to sell tickets online and for ticket buyers to discover events and buy tickets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as we experience record sales and expand into new areas of ticketing, both in the UK and internationally. There are opportunities for learning and development and career progression.
We are looking to add to our data team and hire a Data Engineer to maintain and develop the data platform we use to provide access to data which allows us to make intelligent decisions for the millions of users of our platform. The right candidate will be a driven engineering professional with a track record of working on large scale data processing systems. They should also be able to work with business stakeholders to scope out and design new data solutions.
- Management and operation of our data ingestion and processing pipeline.
- Writing queries to transform and enrich our data for using analytical tools.
- Working with business stakeholders to scope out and build new datasets to allow FIXR to make intelligent decisions across the business.
- Working with the development team to scope out the collection of additional data to power the above datasets.
- Advocating additions to our data stack to improve the output of
- 3+ years of experience working in a modern data environment.
- Expert in SQL and database fundamentals.
- Experience working with cloud service providers - we currently use GCP and AWS
- Experience with at least some of the elements in our data stack which currently comprises:
- Postgres, GIS, BigQuery
- Have experience or an interest in ML.
- Have experience working for SaaS or Marketplace technology companies.
- Experience writing automation scripts e.g. in python or shell scripts
- Have exposure to devops and deployment. We use kubernetes, and helm on GCP currently.
- Highly competitive salary + commission.
- Holiday Perks. Claim a bonus holiday day for every year you are with us, plus extra time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible Hours. Manage your hours in a way that suits you.
- Professional Autonomy. Build a career around what you believe in.
- Inclusive Culture. Fun and dynamic with regular socials.
- Referral bonus
- Pension scheme
- Discounted/free tickets for FIXR events
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.