FIXR is the one stop solution for event organisers to create amazing experiences for their target audiences. Over the past year we have built the most robust solution for event organisers to handle any type of event with a rich suite of features. You will be joining at an exciting time as we continue to offer new functionality to users while expanding into new markets and verticals.
Why you should join
This is a unique opportunity for a product owner who has worked in fast moving agile teams within startups to join a market leading company with a wide feature set. Joining the company in this time of rapid growth will elevate your skills and experience, by allowing you to develop as a product manager and take responsibility for features which impact hundreds of thousands of users. We will support your growth and development throughout your time at Fixr with our close knit team and hands on approach to learning, our generous salaries and understanding of the need for true flexibility.
As Product Owner, you will be responsible for working within the agile team to break new features down into user stories, wireframes and development tasks in order to populate the product backlog. You will be responsible for the efficient delivery of new functionality by managing development and design sprints and conducting daily stand ups.
Our ideal candidate will have experience defining features for both B2B and B2C products and managing the feature lifecycle through from the point of conception to delivery.
This role will primarily consist of evaluating high level feature requirements and breaking them down into user stories that can be placed within the development backlog. You will additionally be responsible for working with the UX team, Design team and development team as they deliver these features through multiple Sprints.
Key to this role are strong communication skills to relay the progress of development so the overall roadmap can be updated accordingly.
We are looking for a Product Owner to work alongside our Head of Product to assist with the specification of new features and management of the Agile workflow.
- Creating user stories and specifications for features within the backlog
- Working with the UX and Design teams to create high fidelity designs
- Working with the development team to help resolve technical issues
- Managing sprints including adding tasks to sprints and conducting the daily stand up, Sprint Plans and Retros
- Managing sign off processes to ensure the full team is aware of what each feature entails
- Conducting analysis to determine the value of features post launch
- Triaging bugs and other tech team requests and communicating their status to the team
- Ensuring there is a healthy pipeline of triaged features for members of the team to work on
- Previous experience creating specifications and user stories within an Agile Team - preferably within a startup environment
- Experience using any Product/Project management tool
- Experience working directly with developers to manage Sprints and Sprint meetings
- Excellent communication skills to relay information across the wider team
- Experience working on both B2B products and B2C products
- A lateral thinker - in order to be able to visualise the user impact of a feature before creating a specification
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills to be able to manage multiple competing priorities in parallel.
- Highly competitive salary + commission.
- Holiday Perks. Claim a bonus holiday day for every year you are with us, plus extra time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible Hours. Manage your hours in a way that suits you.
- Professional Autonomy. Build a career around what you believe in.
- Inclusive Culture. Fun and dynamic with regular socials.
- Referral bonus
- Pension scheme
- Discounted/free tickets for FIXR events
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.