Bring your python experience to our growing team – a great opportunity to further your career and set standards of excellence in an exciting deep tech software company that is in its early growth phase. Develop your experience of working with a range of technologies to deliver regular, high-quality releases to our world-class customers, helping them to solve critical problems in discovery and development.
About the role
Background: Our unique machine learning technology, Alchemite™, is a Docker-based system that is deployed via Kubernetes using Helm charts. The primary installation runs on GKE, however, we run dedicated customer environments that need support. At the heart of the deployment is a Flask-based server defined using the OpenAPI standard (https://intellegens.github.io/api_definition/) and built from a number of core python modules. Our stack also includes PostgreSQL, NFS, Redis, Keycloak, NGINX, Sanic and Opensearch. Our frontend is built using Typescript with React and GraphQL.
What you will do: Work with our head of platform and the rest of our development teams to deliver the software, and underlying algorithms, in a robust, scalable, and secure manner. You will be expected to to implement new features in python, optimise existing code, bring new ideas and help manage the existing infrastructure.
What makes you our next back end Python developer?
- Experience in server-side application development with Python and best development practices – ideally using Flask and pytest
- Exposure to databases and query optimization – ideally Elasticsearch/Opensearch
- You are highly self-motivated and technically strong
- GitHub profile
- Minimum Bachelors 2:1 degree in computer science, engineering, science, or mathematics
- Nice to have experience with:
- Typescript and the React framework
- Docker images, Kubernetes and Helm
- OpenAPI specification
What can we offer you?
- A competitive financial package – salary plus share options
- A collaborative, fast-paced work environment with neither red tape nor bureaucracy
- Flexible working arrangements
- Scope for significant career development as an early team member
- Support and resources to develop your skills and succeed in the role
Intellegens has developed unique deep learning software that extracts value from sparse and noisy ‘real-world’ data. Our technology is being applied to drive innovation and optimise products and processes in chemicals, materials, manufacturing and beyond. We work closely with customers who are leaders in their sectors to help them speed up R&D, deliver cleaner, more cost-effective, better products, and use their resources more efficiently. Originally a spin-out from Cambridge University, we retain a strong commitment to pushing the boundaries of machine learning while working on interesting customer projects, and providing a friendly, informal, and motivational work environment.