Ember is a VC-backed start-up based in London. We're building a transformative financial experience that improves the lives of small business owners.
We believe that running your own business shouldn't be restricted to those with a financial background – so we’re making starting, running and growing a business simple enough for anyone to do. By using technology to automate accounting and tax, we're giving small business owners the time and headspace to focus on what really matters.
Since launching in May, we've taken on our initial group of early adopter businesses (you can read a few of our Trustpilot reviews here), established clear product-market fit and have successfully raised our £1.6m Seed round.
We're now entering the next phase of our growth and scaling the product to reach more businesses across the UK, with the aim of getting Ember into the hands of 1,000 businesses by February 2022.
Where do you fit in?
We're looking for a creative 2D animator / motion graphics designer to join our fast growing team.
Your role will be to work with the growth team to create video content to support both our paid and organic acquisition efforts. From working with our content writer and designers to collaborating with digital marketing experts, videographers and our founders, you'll get to be at the heart of the action. All with the common goal of expanding our reach and helping business owners throughout the UK.
Expect challenging and fast-paced work, rapid growth and to work with an incredibly motivated and talented team.
What does the role entail?
- Work with the Growth team to create new content for paid, organic and social media platform
- Create eye catching, clear and concise animations, in both short and long format, to educate business owners about Ember, or share valuable insights and knowledge with them.
- Owning the Ember brand in its animated form by working with our designers and founders
- Supporting Marketing efforts for user acquisition by creating paid advertising formats
- Work closely with social media and paid media roles to know more about our audience and the content that brings them the most value!
Why this role?
- Be at the core of the Ember story: How do we best visually interact with business owners to help them in their journey? What brings them the most value/What do they find most interesting, both from a storytelling and from a visual perspective?
- Define our visual style: Help us own our style! Ember is different from most of the accounting/tax industry, and should present itself differently too. Be the one to define what that looks like, and work with us on refining that vision over time.
- Learn from the best: We pride ourselves on having an exceptional team comprised of some of the most talented individuals in the industry. We love what we do.
- Trajectory: We've built a platform our user's love, established clear product-market fit and secured the capital to help us grow. We have the foundations in place and the momentum to help us grow into one of the flagship London startups over the next 5 years.