What do we want? An Integration Specialist.
We are on the lookout for an Integration Specialist to help us build, deploy and maintain the interfaces with our client systems. You’ll be part of the team that integrate DrDoctor with our clients’ patient administration (PAS), patient record (EPR) and other systems.
Most of the time you’ll be working with bi-directional HL7 and FHIR interfaces. You will need experience of working with HL7 interfaces, particularly using NextGen’s Mirth integration engine. You should have overseen complex interface projects and be comfortable designing a project plan and estimating effort required. You should know how to structure components in a project to allow reuse for future integrations. You should be passionate about automated testing and deployment.
You must be an exceptional planner, do-er and people person. You get how to make things happen in a large organisation and take pleasure in efficient solutions.
Key responsibilities include
- Own all aspects of the integrations with our client systems, including using HL7, FHIR/API, SQL/SSIS, including:
- Working with our clients to understand and deliver their technical requirements
- Creating and maintaining integration documentation
- Assisting our clients with their transition across to DrDoctor systems
- Ensure the interfaces are tested, working as expected and meet client requirements
- Plan integration projects, including delivery timescales and incremental deployment of working software
- Work closely with our product team to develop, deliver and productionise the next generation of our integrations
- Take an active role in planning the software and infrastructure architecture of DrDoctor
- Provide second tier technical support, including investigations and issue resolution
OK, That’s me, but who are you?
DrDoctor is a fast-growing digital health company founded in 2012. Our technology improves patient engagement, clinical outcomes and operational efficiency.
We save the NHS millions of pounds each year and are currently deployed across 30 major hospitals around the UK.
With over 10 million patients active on the platform already, we’re on a journey to deliver the tools to radically transform the delivery of health services to make healthcare work for everyone – for patients, doctors, administrative teams and taxpayers.
OK, I’m interested. What experience do I need to have?
We fully expect that you will need time to develop in your role and we are committed to supporting every step. However, some key skills are:
I can’t wait to get started, what are the perks?
- Previous experience in the NHS or other Healthcare setting
- Experience working with PAS systems such as Cerner, System-C is highly desirable
- An understanding of the issues regarding integrating systems together (e.g. code translations, data mappings, unique patient identifiers, multi-identifiers, firewalls, etc)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technical, non-technical, management and hospital staff plus other internal teams within the business
- Working knowledge of network / communication standards, e.g. HTTPS, TCP MLLP
- Experience of Integration Engines such as Mirth
- Knowledge of, and involvement with PAS data integration projects highly desirable
An awesome team? Ok, you want more?
- Remote by default approach - Everyone at DrDoctor will work remotely, most or all of the time with regular opportunities to socialise and engage.
- Flexible working (work where you are at your best and at times when you feel most productive)
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (with our own DrDoctor Bank Holidays thrown in for good measure!)
- Discretionary bonus
- Yoga on a Monday and other fitness classes adhoc
- Mental health support through our partner OpenUp
- Drinks/other fun things sent to you in the post
- Salary competitive and dependant on experience
- EMI share options scheme coming soon!
When we're not in the midst of a pandemic, we also do lunch and beer every other Friday, company wide ski trips, summer and Christmas parties and regular company/team socials!
OK, what's next?
We are currently recruiting heavily and have a lot of CV’s to go through.
We will be in touch in a few days to let you know if we think we might be a match. Unfortunately, because we get so many CV’s we are not able to send an individual response if it’s not a match.
If it is, then we will arrange a time to talk to you on a quick call. It’s just an informal chat so you can relax! We will tell you more about the role, the team and why you should want to join us.
If we continue then we will invite you in to meet the team and founders, depending on your role we may also ask you to complete an assessment.
We get there are a lot of great roles out there, so we will make sure to get through the rounds as quickly as possible. All we ask is you keep us up to date with your plans!
Note: We value diversity and inclusion so we're making an effort to check the language we use in all our postings.
Agency note: we do all of our recruitment directly, any unsolicited CVs or profiles sent to us will be viewed as gifts and will not be considered liable for a fee.