Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our innovative, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 200 across 3 locations.
Motorway is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having recently raised £48m in Series B funding from Index Ventures, BMW iVentures and others.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth, build amazing products with a high degree of influence, and help change an industry for the better.
About the role
Success in our data team is about enabling better decisions, faster. At the core of this mission sits our data platform which enables powerful, real-time analytics that empower the wider business.
We’re looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join our ambitious multi-disciplinary team. Working mostly with dbt you will support the building of robust data models that support internal reporting and machine learning - all our data lives in one place and is made available via our data warehouse in Google BigQuery.
As we're experiencing a phase of rapid growth we want to ensure we have a rock solid Data Warehouse to support decision-making, business intelligence and best in class data products. You’ll be working with a team of 5+ Analysts and Data Scientists in an agile environment, part of a wider community of practitioners in product development, strategy, finance, marketing and sales.
At Motorway, we work with cutting-edge data infrastructure such as Stitch, Meroxa, dbt, Google BigQuery, Google AI platform, Data Studio, and more. You’ll also have plenty of development and training opportunities in a truly forward-thinking company. The role is fast-moving and varied, so the ideal candidate will have a love for problem-solving, data and idea creation.
What you'll do
- Support decision-making: provide clean, transformed data to end users in a way that empowers them to answer their own questions.
- Data quality: set standards on data robustness and freshness, and investigate and effectively work with colleagues from other disciplines to monitor and improve data quality across the organisation.
- Data modelling: define and refine best practices around modelling data.
- Metadata management: data assets documentation, discoverability, metadata integration.
- Coding standards: champion and implement software development best practices to ensure our code is high quality, well-tested, scalable and secure.
- Abstractions: create and manage reusable components in the form of jinja macros libraries and computation frameworks
- Data integrations: take responsibility for managing data integration tools (Meroxa and Stitch).
- Data operations: SLAs, data warehouse cost management, data quality monitoring, anomaly detection, and garbage collecting unused resources
- Stay on the cutting edge: we regularly do hack days! We believe in a culture of innovation in our day-to-day life. We experiment with new techniques, tools, and frameworks to keep Motorway at the leading edge of technology.