Bearable is a purpose-driven App that makes health tracking simple, customisable and engaging so people can effortlessly track everything in one place. The goal is that people not only feel more in control of their well-being but can also provide richer, more holistic data to health professionals.
In just over a year we have already established ourselves as the leading symptom tracker in the world and are fast-growing. We are still a small company and there are plenty of opportunities for you to make a huge impact!
Starting as soon as possible, we are looking for someone purpose-driven to join us for 3 months as a paid intern. We want someone who will hit the ground running and cement themselves a permanent position with us.
# The ideal candidate
- You care about our users and our brand
- You enjoy working and delivering independently
- You have a creative side, strong graphic design skills, and a knack for creating great promotional content.
- You are data-driven: conscious about the ROI of things you could be doing
- You are curious and take initiative to explore new things
- You are a quick learner and adaptable.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English fluency important)
- If you don't have any "formal" professional experience working in marketing or growth hacking, you've successfully done marketing other organisations like relevant student clubs.
# Nice to Haves
- Experience with customer support software like Zendesk
- A decent understanding of SEO and ASO.
- An interest in health and wellness
- Manage day-to-day posting, editing and optimisation of content on multiple social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and soon Tik Tok.
- Creating promotional and user support content (blog posts, knowledge base articles, social media posts)
- Influencer outreach
- Help deepen our understanding of our users, our market and the competitive landscape
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative surveys
- Create ad content
- Evaluate and recommend various marketing channels to guide team decision making
# You Might Work On
- Planning, prioritising & helping design new features for Bearable
- Resolving customer service queries (we currently get a few per day)
- Something completely different! As an early-stage company, we tend to be pretty "all hands on deck" when something comes up that we need to get done
- Join an innovate, purpose-driven health tech company at an exciting growth stage
- This is a fully remote, part-time position. You can choose your own hours as long as your time zone is close to London's.
- Sustainable and healthy working matters to us. We care about building delightful products for our customers, not hitting arbitrary daily hour counts.
- If you're outside of the UK, this position will be permanent and full time in spirit, but a contract role on paper. The reason for this is that employment outside of the UK comes with significant challenges for a small company like ours.
# About Us
- Currently there are three of us working on Bearable full time:
- James S (CEO, in charge of product strategy, finance and business development)
- Jesse (Marketing whizz)
- James A (Full stack engineer)
- We're a profitable, bootstrapped company (no external investment yet - but currently fundraising).
- Background on Bearable:
- James designed Bearable in 2018/19 to help him understand the effect that various daily activities and other factors had on his health.
- Since we launched Bearable in March 2020, over 200,000 people have used the app, with thousands becoming premium subscribers.
- We have thousands of reviews (90% 5 stars) across Google Play and Apple App Stores.
- This year we hired two new team members and want to continue growing
- We are now well suited for growth and for making Bearable the most versatile and intelligent health tracker in the world.
# Tools We Use
- Segment, Mixpanel, Google Analytics
- Our landing page and blog run on Wordpress, using the Elementor Pro plugin
- Google Sheets
Disclaimer for recruiters and agencies
**We are not interested in working with recruiters or outsourcing to development agencies.**