Marvel started as a rapid prototyping tool and, with our vision to democratise design and research, is transitioning into an all-in-one design and user testing platform used by a millions of people from designers to project managers and developers in a range of industries and companies.
We’re a growing start-up, currently at 27 team members. We have a relaxed, yet hardworking environment with an inclusive culture focussed on curiosity, empathy, learning, knowledge and accountability. We believe in owning and delivering what you work on, always making sure that you deliver an awesome experience for both our customers and team. You will be given a lot of space to follow your intuition and work with your team to find solutions in order to help us develop a world class product.
As both the product and industry rapidly evolve, we find ourselves at a very exciting juncture and, for those that want to be part of the journey, Marvel is a genuinely amazing place to work, with roles that are challenging, yet that offer potential for continuous learning and development.
Reporting into the Head of CX, the Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for managing our Strategic customers with the goal of ensuring they're satisfied and successful in using Marvel and therefore continue to partner with us on a long term basis.
- Retention - retain all customers (or a % of, depending on your target) in your book of business
- Growth - look for and orchestrate opportunities for expansion; contributing to overall company growth and revenue targets
This breaks down into set activities / milestones at different stages through the customer's journey; e.g.
- Initial account set-up and discovery calls
- Educating and training users via webinars, 1:1 calls, writing blog posts etc.
- Gathering feedback and researching for new features
- Running beta programmes
- Monitoring and analysing usage and presenting to the customers
- Securing renewal; raising invoices and updating internal reporting systems
Whilst the above activities offer a framework, you’ll be given the freedom and autonomy to deliver an excellent customer experience within your own style.
Who we're looking for;
- 2 years experience in Customer Success (or account management or similar customer facing role).
- Previous experience working in a SaaS / with digital products.
- Proven technical acumen - you'll need to become a Marvel product expert, then you'll need to break down that learning process for customers and other users who are newbies.
- A willingness and readiness to collaborate across teams and across departments.
- A self motivated go getter who always aims for 120%+ without even being asked.
- Ability to solve problems, no matter how big or small.
- Excellent oral and presentation skills;
- to answer questions and teach customers, over the phone, via email, blog posts, webinars, zoom meetings and face to face as well as to share best practices and feedback with team mates.
- High EQ / ability to empathise with anyone and everyone;
- being able to understand and share the feelings of other people is critical in order to effectively de-escalate tough customer situations, understand a customer's goals, and advocate for the customer with other teams and departments within the business.
- A passion for design, UX, User Testing & Research or a willingness to learn and immerse yourself in this exciting industry.
- Attention to detail; we have complex admin systems, reporting and credit control that needs to be kept up to date and accurate; you'll be entrusted with this.
- Above all, always sharing & caring.