Deskpro's award winning helpdesk software helps to bring better online customer service to millions of people. Some of our customers include Apple, Microsoft, Valve, P&G, Samsung, Freelancer, HMRC & the NHS.
Our helpdesk software platform allows organisations to consolidate all of their customer support channels (email, phone, live chat, social) into one place. Giving them the software tools needed to provide incredible customer support.
We are looking for a curious and energetic QA Product Engineer with 3+ years software testing experience, who enjoys breaking digital products and taking on a variety of release challenges. You will help to shape our future software release process, manage test environments and scale the platform as we grow.
You'll be working closely with our Product and Development teams, involved with manual testing of platform, helping to manage our remote QA team, as well as setting up and running automated Cypress tests.
Join our product team to make a really big impact, accelerate your career at a growing and profitable software company, and help us change online customer service forever!
Please note: this role is based from our office in Wimbledon, (UK) and is NOT a remote role.
What Will You Be Doing?
You will be working alongside the Product and Development teams to ensure that all releases are clearly defined, tested and approved to a high standard every time.
- Ensure the quality of our product end-to-end.
- Create testing plans, so that we can reduce manual testing and push updates to the product on a daily basis.
- Become the guardian of the product - ensuring test requirements and acceptance criteria are clearly defined with product managers.
- Verify fixes and collaborate with the dev team.
- Continuously improve smoke tests, approaches and ensure that we are using the best tools available.
- Help to assist the Support and Technical Support teams with QA on customer issues.
Ideally you will have all of the following:
- 3+ years experience in software quality assurance / testing role
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in a technical subject (Computer Science, Engineering etc)
- Familiarity with software development life and test cycles, including Sprint deliveries, Function and feature testing, Systems and backend services, Deployments and differences therein, User accounts, Stress & scale, Smoke & sanity checks.
- Ability to design test cases, and a willingness to execute manual and automated regression testing across multiple platforms. i.e desktop, mobile, etc
- Basic java script knowledge and ability to write cypress tests
- Knowledge of CSS selectors - Determine if selectors exist, so you can write tests and communicate to dev team when selectors are not present in the DOM.
- Up-to-date knowledge of QA methods, processes and tools.
- A love of problems solving and troubleshooting issues with a rapid ability to learn.
We are a friendly startup-team based in central Wimbledon, 3 minutes walk from fantastic transport links (train, District and Northern line tubes, buses, trams).
- Competitive Salary £35k - £45k + Share Options Package
- 25 days holiday plus UK Bank Holidays.
- BUPA Private Healthcare & Cash Scheme, Pension Scheme, Bike storage, Season ticket loans, Reduced gym membership, Cycle to Work, Free Phone SIM (unlimited calls, data etc).
- Laptop & 2 x 4k Monitors, ergonomic chair & sit-stand desks as standard.
- Monthly team socials and legendary Xmas & Summer Parties.
- Personal budget for training and growth.
- A chance to be truly invested in a growing software company, with generous share options.
- Lovely bespoke offices, BBQs in the summer, Monday team breakfasts and Friday lunches. Unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks with beers for Friday afternoon.
- A mixture of autonomy over your role and real responsibilities to the team and business.
For more information, you can visit our Careers page
No recruiters or agencies please.