Legatics is one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups. Our legal transaction management platform enables law firms and their clients to collaborate on and close deals in an interactive online environment, providing clarity, reducing risk and saving time.
Our customers include some of the world’s top law firms, such as Allen & Overy, Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith Freehills, Shearman & Sterling and King & Wood Mallesons. Legatics has been used globally on live transactions originating in more than 40 countries.
We are on a mission to transform the $600bn market for legal services worldwide and to work with our customers to bring the way they manage deals into the 21st century. We recently closed our Series A fundraise and we now need creative and empowered individuals to help us execute on our mission.
We are looking for a commercially astute lawyer with at least three years PQE who is excited about taking a key role in the practical development of Legatics’s legal capability. Experience in drafting and negotiating technology contracts would be beneficial as would an understanding of data protection and privacy issues. We understand the breadth of some elements of the role and the need you may have to research some legal areas before advising.
The role is on a part-time basis (3 days a week) and may be based primarily remotely (or office-based if you prefer), with occasional attendance in a central London location to meet and work with other members of the Legatics team.
Your primary focus will be working closely with the commercial teams to draft, review and negotiate customer SaaS agreements. You will also support other business heads on an ad hoc basis to review, draft and negotiate a variety of inbound and outbound commercial contracts (including NDAs, marketing and partnership agreements) and provide thoughtful and practical business and legal advice to support internal stakeholders.
What you would be doing
- Responsibility for all legal-related matters at Legatics;
- Managing and coordinating the legal negotiation and execution of Legatics customer SaaS agreements;
- Managing and keeping up to date our customer contracts summary matrix and customer contracts playbook;
- General contract reviews across all departments (Finance, Operations, Commercial, Marketing, HR etc);
- Taking on the role of Data Protection Officer;
- Advising on privacy and data protection matters, including policies and the functioning of our software product;
- Occasional advice on employment matters and employee incentive schemes;
- Managing and coordinating disputes (to the extent they arise) with customers and suppliers;
- Supporting the Board with corporate governance and compliance;
- Broad support to all departments and external legal advisors.
Who would you be working with?
Daniel Porus, Chief Commercial Offier - who you will be reporting into, alongside a welcoming, inclusive and committed team.
Team culture is really important to us. We are looking for someone who is excited to join us as a key employee at this important stage in our growth and who will bring new and exciting perspectives to Legatics. We are a friendly and passionate bunch with a wide range of interests. We love to socialise together too, holding regular team events.