We exist to protect and serve mid-sized enterprises. We do that through industry-leading innovation and integrating security for all the major attack surfaces to best protect data and businesses.
Our Autonomous Integrated Cloud Security uses strategic machine learning to identify and stop threats that enter an organisation by email, web or cloud or from a multi-channel cyberattack. This means that our clients are automatically protected against cyber attacks, no matter the time of day or night.
Traditional security systems are being fast outpaced. We’ve built a security posture fit for today — and tomorrow. When it comes to the day-to-day work of protecting our clients, we help say goodbye to alert fatigue and get the job done more efficiently.
We are a talented team of over 50, serving over 4000 customers, 1.1million end users in 54 countries.
We are recruiting for a talented and experienced senior developer to work on our innovative Web Security & CASB product which forms a core component of the Cloud Security platform developed by Censornet. The security engine is a high performance scalable network service that processes billions of HTTP transactions from customer devices and networks across the globe, applying policy in milliseconds and utilising a decentralised content scanning approach for minimal latency.
If you are excited by performing machine speed security analysis on every browser “click” then this role is for you. You must have experience architecting network services, a deep love for network packets, and enjoy solving challenging and complex problems. By nature, you will have a desire to push the boundaries and innovate – and be seeking a role where you can make your mark in a small but fast moving company.
- At least 6 years commercial experience programming in C and C++ in the Linux environment
- Passionate about security from code quality through to end-user features
- Deep knowledge of network protocols and demonstrable understanding of HTTP and TLS protocols (development experience preferred)
- Experience of network technologies (i.e web proxies, ICAP, VPN, NAC) or equivalent
- Broad experience developing performant network applications where latency and throughput are critical factors
- Experience of scripting languages (e.g Perl, Bash) used primarily for dev tooling (testing, config files)
- Desire to lead the development of new features or improve existing features, components and modules
- Ability to take high level requirements and distil them down to functional requirements
- Confidence analysing problems, using debug tools and architecting permanent solutions
- Analytical mind with problem solving aptitude and attitude to determine the root cause of complex software issues
- Able to work independently and in a small team in an agile manner
- Excellent communication, time management and organisation skills
- Experience working on Internet or network security related projects
- Experience of code review processes, continuous integration (Gerrit, Jenkins, Gitlab)
- Exposure to cloud stacks like AWS, Azure or Google Compute
- Working knowledge of Redis, cdb (constant database), Web Sockets, PostgreSQL
- Employee share option scheme
- Flexibility and remote working
- Optional critical illness & death in service cover
- Optional private medical cover
Censornet has adopted a person-first culture, regardless of location. As a result, our team is reactive and agile, with the best talent from across the UK. With both remote working and offices available in Bristol and Basingstoke, we offer the tools and space for our team to thrive.
Censornet is committed to being an inclusive and diverse place to work. The industry-leading work we do would not be possible without bringing together all of the different backgrounds, experiences and skills that our team has. We treat every employee equally, and fairly regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, race, religion, or sexual orientation. It is vitally important that each of our team members feels confident, comfortable, and empowered.