LOQBOX is a financial inclusion FinTech for good company wanting to solve one of the biggest problems there is, money. Money is a leading cause of stress in many countries. And often it’s the thing getting in the way of what we want most. One big part of is being locked out of accessing financial goods and services on fair terms or not having any rainy day funds for when things go wrong. Another problem is a lack of financial education, meaning few of us feel empowered to improve our financial health. We believe everyone deserves the chance to build a brighter financial future, and we’ve built some really smart ways to help our members do that. We’re continually launching innovative new products to help our members get treated fairly in the financial game, and achieve their goals. Be part of our journey and mission to improve people’s financial lives.
LOQBOX has a talented, ambitious, multi continent technology team who have grown over 300% in the last 18 months. Committed to promoting from within, we are working on greenfield technology to deliver world class solutions that have a meaningful impact on people’s lives.
Senior Developers are primarily focused on the delivery of components using PHP Laravel and React, working as part of a team with full stack responsibilities. This role will be involved in the full software life-cycle and have exposure to a broad set of technologies, including web and cloud.
Reporting to the CTO, Senior Developers will work with geographically distributed resources to deliver a robust and stable platform based on microservice architecture principles.
- Analysis of requirements from internal and external customers
- Work with team members in multiple geographies to ensure successful delivery
- Design and develop new software products and components
- Produce high quality, tested and maintainable code, using the best technologies for the problem at hand
- Investigation and resolution of issues reported by internal and external customers
- Mentor Junior Developers - some in other geographies
Required experience, knowledge, and skills
- Minimum 4+ years of business experience in a development position
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field/experience
- Full software life-cycle experience working on complex products within Agile environments
- High levels of capability in the LAMP stack
- Experience with Laravel 7+ and excellent working knowledge of PHP, specifically object-oriented implementation
- Service Orientated Architecture
- Ability to work with and lead a team remotely
- TDD/BDD and supporting technologies (unit tests and mocking frameworks)
- Strong working knowledge of MySQL and other database technologies
- Experience with CI/CD
- The ability to multitask, work well under pressure, and be adept at balancing shifting priorities and time management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must have strong organisational, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, driven, and detail-oriented
Beneficial experience, knowledge, and skills
- Knowledge of React JS, React Native and TypeScript
- Working knowledge of data streaming technologies (Debezium, Kinesis)
- Experience with instrumentation, enterprise monitoring and reporting tools.
- Experience working on Microservice Architecture
- Experience in the financial services industry is prefered
- Thrive in a startup, ever-changing environment
- A passion for rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in
- Comfortable with high accountability for delivery
- A passion for learning something new and going the extra mile when required
- Self-directed, with a passion for delivering quality products to production
- Strong believer in LOQBOX’s mission
You will have the opportunity to make a huge impact in one of the UK's most exciting FinTech companies. You will also have access to:
- Competitive salary - based on your level of experience
- Annual bonus scheme
- £500 annual learning fund
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holiday and a day off for your birthday and if you move house
- Pirkx employee reward scheme; telephone GP, free counselling sessions, high street discounts and more
- Mentoring from industry leaders and part of the SET Squared accelerator programme,
- Location can be remote with access to an office in the heart of Bristol with team social activities
- Working-from-home budget where necessary.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply, attaching your CV.