LOQBOX is a financial inclusion FinTech for good company wanting to solve one of the biggest problems there is, money. Money is a leading cause of stress in many countries. And often it’s the thing getting in the way of what we want most. One big part of is being locked out of accessing financial goods and services on fair terms or not having any rainy day funds for when things go wrong. Another problem is a lack of financial education, meaning few of us feel empowered to improve our financial health. We believe everyone deserves the chance to build a brighter financial future, and we’ve built some really smart ways to help our members do that. We’re continually launching innovative new products to help our members get treated fairly in the financial game, and achieve their goals. Be part of our journey and mission to improve people’s financial lives.
LOQBOX has a talented, ambitious, multi continent technology team who have grown over 300% in the last 18 months. Committed to promoting from within, we are working on greenfield technology to deliver world class solutions that have a meaningful impact on people’s lives.
Senior Mobile Developers are primarily focused on the delivery of components using PHP Laravel and React, working as part of a team with full stack responsibilities. This role will be involved in the full software life-cycle and have exposure to a broad set of technologies, including web and cloud.
Reporting to the CTO, Senior Mobile Developers will work with geographically distributed resources to deliver a robust and stable platform based on microservice architecture principles.
- Build mobile applications across both Android and iOS in React Native
- Leverage backend APIs to integrate with our existing platform
- Working with the Head of Technical Operations, submit and deploy mobile apps to the app stores
- Respond to identified defects, finding the root cause and providing a solution
- Work with team members in multiple geographies to ensure successful delivery
- Provide guidance and support for our React web development where required
- Create and maintain coding standards
- Produce high quality, tested and maintainable code, using the best technologies for the problem at hand
- Provide performant solutions that scale across multiple countries
- Mentor Junior Developers - some in other geographies
Required experience, knowledge, and skills
- Minimum 4+ years of business experience in a development position
- Full software life-cycle experience working on complex products within Agile environments
- High levels of capability in React Native
- Experience with React and good working knowledge of PHP, specifically object-oriented implementation
- Ability to work with and lead a team, ideally remotely
- Experience with CI/CD
- Knowledge of tooling to support the development and production process for crash reporting, Github, docker, firebase, JIRA, etc
- The ability to multitask, work well under pressure, and be adept at balancing shifting priorities and time management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must have strong organisational, written, and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, driven, and detail-oriented
Beneficial experience, knowledge, and skills
- Knowledge of Laravel 7+
- Working knowledge of data streaming technologies (Debezium, Kinesis)
- Experience with instrumentation, enterprise monitoring and reporting tools.
- Experience working on Microservice Architecture
- Thrive in a startup, ever-changing environment
- A passion for rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in
- Comfortable with high accountability for delivery
- A passion for learning something new and going the extra mile when required
- Self-directed, with a passion for delivering quality products to production
- Strong believer in LOQBOX’s mission
You will have the opportunity to make a huge impact in one of the UK's most exciting FinTech companies. You will also have access to:
- Competitive salary - based on your level of experience
- Annual bonus scheme
- £500 annual learning fund
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holiday and a day off for your birthday and if you move house
- Pirkx employee reward scheme; telephone GP, free counselling sessions, high street discounts and more
- Mentoring from industry leaders and part of the SET Squared accelerator programme,
- Location can be remote with access to an office in the heart of Bristol with team social activities
- Working-from-home budget where necessary.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply, attaching your CV.