ABOUT GOLD STANDARD PHANTOMS
Gold Standard Phantoms (GSP) is an established spin-out company from University College London Institute of Neurology and it operates within the medical imaging industry. We develop specialised test devices, or phantoms (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaging_phantom), to test the performances of MRI scanners to ensure that they perform in a standardised way. Our devices are used by clinicians, medical physicists and radiographers around the world. We engage with all stakeholders within the medical imaging field to enable MRI to become more quantitative and reproducible, in ways similar to other scientific measuring devices. As such, we work regularly with radiological societies, imaging manufacturing companies, the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory bodies, both national and supranational. The company is now entering a new growth phase with ambitious plans to increase revenues.
A Business Development Manager with a strong background in the commercialisation of Medical Imaging Devices, looking to play a key role within the management team to grow our market and increase revenues, while managing the relationship with existing customers. Your insight and input will be critical to the development of the company. Highly skilled at sales and business operations, you will join a team of enthusiastic innovators to achieve the company’s vision. You will report directly to the CEO.
- Manage our existing sales pipeline, communicating effectively with existing/potential customers and distributors, considering their specific needs and objectives
- Develop new business opportunities by finding innovative ways to directly market our devices, generating new leads, identifying and contacting decision-makers, screening potential business opportunities, negotiating prices and closing deals in line with current strategies
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy and targets, using specific KPIs, improve the sales processes & structure, ensuring best practices
- Work closely with the Production and R&D team to fulfil customers' expectations
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies
- Attend national and international tradeshows
THE PERSON WE ARE SEEKING
- Candidates are required to demonstrate:
- previous relevant work experience in Medical Imaging Devices in Radiology, preferably in MRI
- previous experience in helping drive products from early phases (investigational use only) through to clinical use
- Business development skills and capabilities to manage the full customer relationship and sales pipeline processes
- Excellent client management and communication skills, to enable effective collaboration with technical and commercial leads and customers
- An understanding of medical device development process from a technical and regulatory perspective would be a distinct advantage
- Organised and highly motivated
- With a good level of English spelling and grammar
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for business or management
- Successful track record in B2B sales and negotiation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience with sales techniques
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources
WHAT DOES GSP OFFER YOU?
- Base salary of £40,000-£55,000 p.a.
- Generous sales commission
- Full-time permanent position with 25 days holiday
- Generous pension scheme
- Flexible working from home / remotely
- Discretionary share options as per our management equity incentive plan
Available immediately, subject to satisfactory references and a probation period of three months.
To apply for this role, please send your CV along with a motivation letter.