Our client is a high growth, independent, founder-led e-commerce platform and marketplace showcasing the best in contemporary furniture and homewares.
We are exclusively looking for their first Chief Technology Officer to be responsible at board level to realise the business vision and start structuring and planning for next year’s three digit online business growth.
Our client is looking for someone to assume a part hands-on, part strategic role within our organisation. You’ll spend some of your time strategizing, planning projects, budgeting and managing their execution in conjunction with the team and external partners. Executing the most effective technical roadmap and future proofing its ability to scale, in a very exciting market space which has been further supported by the current climate and the consumer shift to online shopping.
- Building and implementing our ecommerce strategy including but not only, B2B and B2C customer platforms, supplier portal and digital marketing.
- Hiring, retaining, growing and motivating excellent teams, building a culture of learning, knowledge sharing and technical excellence, with a strong focus on inclusivity and diversity.
- Setting budgets and delivering regular reports on quantitative and qualitative results including measures of performance (OKRs and KPIs), budget (CapEx and OpEx) as agreed by the board.
- Analysing the customer journey and customer lifecycle values and developing the current processes to maintain customer satisfaction while allowing for high scalability and performance.
- Developing full process integration all the way from product sourcing processes to order fulfilment.
- Creating and championing a culture of cutting-edge product delivery techniques that will motivate, develop and grow the team to continually innovate and become a market leader in the industry.
- Providing oversight and guidance to assist the teams in finding innovative uses of technology to improve security, reduce risk and ensure compliance with new and existing regulations including data protection and GDPR. Developing contingency plans and disaster recovery systems.
- Analysing emerging industry trends, market best practices and technological advances to ensure the business is strengthened through technology.
- Representing our organisation externally through industry events, conferences, public speaking.
- You'll need an outstanding track record of delivery, with experience in a senior tech or digital position within the fashion, luxury or design eCommerce industry (B2C or B2B).
- You’ll be self-starter with bucket loads of enthusiasm, driven to delivering technology that will streamline processes, grow sales and margins while improving customer and staff satisfaction.
- You’ll have the ability to think at a strategic level, selling ideas and working with colleagues and partners to deliver complex solutions.
- You’ll be a strong communicator, comfortably engaging with a range of stakeholders to conceive and deliver technology that makes a real difference.
- You’ll have proven track record hiring, retaining, growing and motivating excellent teams.
- Whilst you’ll have a strong technology background with solid coding and infrastructure experience, you will also have a good understanding of the luxury and design industries.
- You will be familiar with e-commerce subsystems such as WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento etc. or some of the off the shelf systems in use in retail.
- You will bring a passion for new technology and the ability to inspire colleagues to utilise a digital mindset, exploring new ideas and possibilities.
- In addition, we’re looking for someone who is highly organised, can deliver on time and create clear and detailed reporting.
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.