We are looking for a passionate and experienced product manager to lead the growth and development of our product.
The role will involve co-developing the company's product strategy, delivering the project roadmap, and working to understand and solve our customers’ biggest problems.
We are offering a competitive package for you to join our smart, passionate team. The role will be based in our office in Old Street.
- Support the founder in shaping the product vision and product strategy.
- Continually craft a roadmap that expresses the strategy, maps the customers' needs and delivers business value through customer growth and retention as well as showing validations and how to escape the build trap.
- Build a product culture based on users’ problems, complementing the founders’ feature ideas and meet customers regularly to put them at the centre of product discussions.
- Put in place a validation framework and feedback loop, from business development to sales, to customers and back to product and engineering.
- Lead on product delivery and craft the product alongside designers and developers. Coordinate the BAU product function (e.g. sprint planning, writing and communicating PRDs and epics, product updates to customers).
- "Been-there, done-that". You have 2-5 years of experience in product management at 1-3 software startups before and have seen and experienced early-stage B2B product organisations scale.
- Passion for planning and research. You are an expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development processes. You are comfortable doing user experience research yourself and creating lo-fi wireframes to explain product ideas to designers and developers.
- Natural, communicative leader. You thrive on expressing your leadership soul and proactive attitude and have a specific ability to inspire, motivate and move others.
- Entrepreneurial, creative mindset. You’re excited to build everything from scratch and have the ability to see the big picture of the economics of the business.
Our mission is to power the world’s understanding of what people think and do. We are pioneers in the field of MRP, an advanced statistical technique that has revolutionised political polling. Our MRP application won a CogX award for best AI product, and our work has been featured in Reuters, Wired, the Financial Times and The Economist. We are now building a data platform to give researchers the tools and data they need to do their jobs 10x better.
We are a diverse team of engineers, data scientists, product specialists and researchers. The team has experience from leading organisations, including Microsoft and Branch. We have PhDs and other advanced degrees from Oxford, Cambridge, Warwick and UCL. To date Focaldata has raised £1.5m in seed funding, including from the founders of Zoopla, Alchemy Partners and LOVEFiLM.
Focaldata is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We believe in the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce for our business, team and customers. We welcome all applications regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.