Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with almost £1.5B invested into campaigns and more than 1450 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with teams also across Portugal and Germany. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 4,000 of our own users.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you'll do
- Work with the Legal Director to build out a best-in-class Legal Team.
- Develop strategies to advise on and operationalise a wide range of legal areas affecting the business, from company law to IP to disputes handling.
- Proactively evaluate and minimise risk factors posed by new products and business lines, from the planning stage through to execution.
- Have oversight and provide counsel over all types of contractual relationships in the business, to support effective commercial and risk management of those relationships.
- Manage all contracts across our online platform.
- Collaborate with the Compliance Team on FCA regulatory-related matters and with the Information Security Team on data protection-related matters.
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop legal team-led operations to ensure that legal processes are scalable and provide the support our customers and internal stakeholders need.
- Support the Legal Director on strategic matters such as international expansion, fundraising and corporate development activities, and governmental engagement.
- Provide practical and relevant training and insight to staff on legal matters.
Who we’re looking for
- At least 5 years PQE solicitor (or equivalent) with significant experience working in-house.
- Exceptional experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, including partnerships, SaaS, and other service providers.
- The ability to work autonomously and at quick pace across a range of complex areas.
- You are a strategic and analytical thinker with a strong commercial understanding of the business. You are not afraid to dive into legal issues that are outside your immediate area of expertise and at the frontier of early-stage investing, evaluate risks and find creative solutions.
- You are fluent in English and have strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organisation.
- Genuine interest in advising a fast-paced, dynamic business and that is always innovating. You’re always looking for ways to improve how the legal function supports the business in achieving its goals.
- Please note that the transactional legal work required for Seedrs to invest in businesses is outside the scope of this role.
- An all-around awesome person. We’re looking for a hard-working person with a great attitude who adds significant value to the team.
Nice to haves
- Previous in-house experience in a tech start up or scale up.
- Knowledge of FCA rules.
- Screening call with the Legal Director.
- First round technical interview with the Legal Director, including assessment.
- Second round interview with the Legal Director, Executive Chairman and Legal Associate.
- Culture interview held by the People Team.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!