Nimbus® is an award-winning data and software business with a market leading property information platform, Nimbus® Maps.
Using intelligent, comprehensive data on 30+ million UK properties, the platform helps users find residential and commercial, on- and off-market opportunities quickly, and helps assess site viability and connect with owners and other critical stakeholders.
With a vision to ‘help everyone with an interest in property create greater social and economic benefits using our data and technology’ Nimbus® strives to support people to achieve their property goals.
We believe that our people are at the centre of everything we do and that our values drive our vision and our vision drives our development. We are always seeking to improve and keep things simple by using a ‘technology first’ approach to problem solving. We believe that anything is possible and encourage our people to be open, honest and fair in everything they do.
What we need:
- You will work within the software team, product and data teams to identify the optimal technical solutions to the real world problems that Nimbus® is solving to create industry leading software solutions
- You will build and implement those technical solutions whether that be by way of improvements to our existing web-based platform or building new industry leading products by utilising software development best practices, including CI/CD and micro services
- You will manage your own timescales to deliver work as part of a team according to estimates in an agile way
Current user numbers and sales are growing faster than ever, resulting in fantastic opportunities arising within the data and development division. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a great eye for detail, design and quality, ideally with an interest in property, to join our growing, friendly and dynamic team and help Nimbus continue it’s exponential growth.
The right candidate will enjoy all aspects of full stack development, from creating and implementing visual elements that users interact with, to backend development building upon the business logic of the platform. We are the market-leading solution for our community of property investors and developers, and your job role will help us to build on that position.
An experienced software developer with specific experience of using the following technologies:
- NET C# MVC
- Window Services
- A good understanding of T-SQL (working with data, procedures, query optimization and indexing etc.)
- GIT version control systems, ideally BitBucket
You will have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in commercial development
- Demonstrate a passion for all areas of software development, with a desire to further your own technical skills both in and out of work
- Understand the importance of code quality, consistency, testing and strive to achieve the very highest quality of development
- Have a high technical aptitude and strong attention to detail
- A focus on quality of implementation to reduce maintenance overhead
- Be a clear and confident communicator with the ability to interact effectively with others in the team with excellent command of written and spoken English
- Be self-motivated and organised with the ability to multi-task and work independently, without close supervision
- Experience with AWS/Azure would be useful
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum depending on experience
- Great progression opportunities – we are growing fast!
- Hybrid working (home & office)
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Wide range of health & wellbeing benefits including: 24/7 GP service, personal accident cover, EAP, dental & optical care, discounts towards high street shops
- Casual wear
- Team building events
- Free onsite parking
- Monday to Friday
- Super supportive & very welcoming team
- Casual office environment
- Equipment & home office fund
- Access to the University of Warwick's training events
- Employee referral scheme
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
If you are looking for an opportunity to join an innovative team and being an integral part of a business at the forefront of bringing change to an entire industry then you have come to the right place.