At Sorted, we create game-changing delivery management software that sits in online checkouts, warehouses, retailer supply chains and on your smartphone. Our data-driven tech is used by some of the biggest retailers in the UK; we help them serve their global customers, making sure they have delightful delivery experiences.
Now is an exciting time for us, as we expand into new markets and take on the world. Our tech team is growing – and learning as we go. We’re on a journey, building and evolving the way we work, and we’re looking for new recruits who can teach us as much as we’ll teach them. Our teams work on exciting greenfield development projects, as well as enhancing and maintaining our existing portfolio of innovative products.
This position is responsible for planning, leading, and delivering complex technology initiatives. The Technical Delivery Manager drives the collaboration between teams, while driving the governance and standards throughout to ensure fast and efficient delivery of projects.
- Ensure technical teams both internal, and third party, deliver on time while maintaining high quality standards. Coordinating delivery for multiple initiatives, you will work closely with Programme and Project Managers to ensure success
- Clear reporting and communication is a key for this role, and you will be required to provide updates and reporting to the leadership team (IT, business and project) and other relevant stakeholders, including risk and compliance
- Represent software delivery in various internal/external meetings, ensuring high visibility of progress and take a proactive leadership role in resolving risks and issues
- Manage the full spectrum of small to medium to high complexity initiatives across a number of systems/applications, and coordinate with stakeholders to agree delivery priorities for each, and then manage those deliverables through their service delivery life cycle
- Work closely with the line managers and team leaders to ensure the required resources are available and that tasks are prioritised in line with overall departmental objectives
- Stakeholder management skills in communication, feedback, negotiation and persuasion
- 4+ years in a TDM role
- Successfully delivered projects in an Agile environment
- Strong understanding of SCRUM
- Ability to work under pressure with demanding timescales
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with other technical disciplines
- Ability to produce and maintain high quality project, process and governance documentation
- Good understanding of all aspects of a software delivery lifecycle
- Hands on technical leadership experience within a software delivery project (desirable)
- Experience of transformational leadership and change management (desirable)
- Worked in a SaaS environment (desirable)
Very competitive Salary
On going tech training and development plans
32 days holiday plus your birthday and bank holidays (combined with flexible working)
Stunning city centre office space