£55k - £60k + stock options
We're looking for an Analytics Engineer to join our team to lead our efforts in democratising data at zeroheight.
About zeroheight 🖼
We're building the world's first DesignOps company. DesignOps tools enable companies to design and develop user experiences in a much more systematic way and deliver high quality UX 10x faster – our mission is to enable this on a global scale!
We've built a design system documentation product people love and thanks to this we've grown through word-of-mouth to 1500+ customers including multiple Fortune 100s. We're the market leader in our category, grew over 2x in 2021 and have the backing of world-class investors like Tribe Capital, Y Combinator and Adobe. But design system documentation is just the beginning... we're now perfectly positioned to become the leader in DesignOps and transform how products are built. That's why we've expanded to the Bay Area in 2021 to fulfil our ambition of being a truly global company 🚀 🌎
You can learn more on our About us page
Why should you apply to this role?
- You'll have the freedom to lead our analytics engineering efforts, and your hard work will ultimately allow the entire business to access pristine data in a simple manner. You'll be provided with the tools you deem necessary to do this, as well as working with dbt, Stitch and Redshift.
- You'll be joining the Data team at a very early stage, and will be able to influence how the team grows as the company scales. This will be useful for the future if you're ever growing your own team or org!
- We value personal and professional development highly - which means a yearly education budget, 10% time to work on projects of your choice, and a focus on management and collaboration to ensure that you can grow into the data professional that you know you can become.
- We're committed to supporting mental wellness as we grow. We provide a free mental health support program, a monthly wellness budget and - perhaps most importantly - we're working to normalise talking about mental health with your manager and peers. We believe mental health should have the same status and importance as physical health.
What will you be doing?
You'll join our data team, reporting into our Data Lead, and will lead our analytics engineering efforts - using dbt to apply software engineering best practices to our analytics code. This would include documentation and definition of the transformation stage of our ETL/ELT process, as well as the creation of clean, transformed tables ready for easy analysis.
In the short term, you would be working closely with Data Analysts, to scope out solutions to questions like:
- How is this metric defined in our code? Is it consistent, and how can we remove any ambiguity from this when it is reported to stakeholders?
- Is it possible to build a single table that would answer this set of questions?
- How can we empower our Data Analysts to more quickly provide reliable solutions to common questions?
In the long term, our aim is to have our analytics code and data warehouse fully documented, transformed and defined, such that we ultimately have a full schema of tables that are well understood, and can be easily queried. This would then allow the wider business to feel confident using a BI tool to create dashboards of their own and pull any data required themselves.
Ultimately, we want to treat our Data Team like a Product Team in its own right. We consider our colleagues as our consumers, and our data product includes the collection and maintenance of data, as well as the tools used to generate, access, and analyse that data.
What are we looking for?
If you tick most of the boxes below, let's talk!
Key Requirements 🔑
- Multiple years of experience working in the Data space, as an analyst or engineer.
- Extremely strong SQL and Python skills.
- You have a good knowledge of cloud-based data warehouses, and have experience designing and building data models.
- You have previously worked with software engineers - and have a decent knowledge of software engineering best practices, as well as working in an agile manner.
- You are based near to London - we have a flexible WFH culture but we ask for a minimum of 2 days a month in our beautiful leafy office to socialise and collaborate
- We expect all employees to treat everyone at any point in their zeroheight journey with respect and empathy - no a-holes
Bonus Traits 🎁
- Experience working for a startup, ideally SaaS technology companies, and are familiar with the core concepts (MRR, funnels, retention, cohorts etc)
- You are confident working with event-based data and product analytics tools (such as Amplitude, Mixpanel, Heap etc)
- An interest in all things innovative in the Data space, and a keen interest in working as part of a truly modern team.
Let's make this happen!
- Submit your CV 📜
- Hello 👋 (45m, video call)
- If things click on the call, we'll ask you to complete a short task in your own time (max 90 mins), and schedule another call to get a bit more technical 🤓 (1hr, video call)
- Founders interview 🌱 (1h, video call)
We always try to make a decision quickly and let you know ASAP.
Find out more about our team and company perks here 😎