Job Description – Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
distriBind is an InsurTech delivering Automated Data Exchange and back-office processing to the Insurance Industry. Primarily focused on the Delegated Authority sector, distriBind allows data to be passed from distribution to capacity in a highly automated manner whether using real-time APIs or more traditional bordereaux.
distriBind was formed in 2018 with the ambition to be the leading Global Delegated Authority solution and has been awarded a grant from Innovate UK for its Machine-Learning Capacity Utilisation Predictor, was runner-up in the 2020 ACORD InsurTech Innovation Challenge, and was a member of the Lloyd’s Lab Cohort 6 in 2021.
The Business Development Executive is responsible for researching, generating and managing sales opportunities for the distriBind platform and managing the sales pipeline.
You will support the creation of the sales and marketing strategy and supporting collateral, and be responsible for contacting prospective clients through a variety of mediums – this could include reaching out on social media, phoning, emailing or meeting in person. You will ensure that opportunities and contact points are updated in the CRM and help manage the deal flow to closure.
The role is to support outbound sales through Lead Generation / prospecting and “cold” approach, and in-bound sales through the generation of a personal and company brand on LinkedIn through creating strong and engaging content.
- Research new leads and make initial approaches
- Review existing pipeline and identify opportunities for re-engaging colder prospects or ensure pipline deal flow is not static
- Keep on top of industry and market developments, particularly those that may affect our clients or prospects and use these as an opportunity to develop new leads
- Establish a thought leadership presence to support in-bound queries
- Lead outbound cold lead generation through a variety of mediums
- Regularly update the CRM / pipeline and provide reports on prospects and deals
- Continue to liaise with closed prospects during and post platform delivery to identify up- and cross-selling opportunities and ensure high renewal rates
- Support go-to-market activities through Events, Pre-sales calls/demos, and thought leadership
- Support the creation of sales and marketing collateral
- Support the sales process including RFI/RFP response, customer/prospect workshops, and other activities
- Other activities as required from time to time to support the goals of the company