Who we are:
Nutmeg is Europe’s leading Digital Wealth Manager, but we don’t want to stop there. We’re continuing to build our platform to help us achieve our mission of being the most trusted Digital Wealth Manager in the world.
Since being founded in 2011 we've:
- Grown to 180+ employees
- Launched 4 amazing products including JISA and Lifetime ISA
- Won multiple awards including Best Online Stocks & Shares ISA Provider for the fifth year in a row!
We hit the 160,000 investor milestone in early 2021 and now manage over £4 billion AUM.
*We offer flexible working*
The role in a nutshell:
At the beginning of 2017, we released our iOS app which now has >45,000 active users and a crash free session rate of 99.9%. We are now looking for an iOS Engineer to join the team who is passionate about technology and enthusiastic about the user interface and customer experience. As the company grows, the scalability of the app and architectural improvements required to build a robust application are becoming a key focus of the team.
You will be working on the iOS platform, and collaborating with the Android platform, to release the best apps that enable our customers to invest with confidence, ease and simplicity. You will be someone who enjoys sharing knowledge, with excellent problem solving and technical skills, keen to learn new ideas, and recognises good clean app design. You will be taking ownership of tasks from the estimation stage right through until the release stage and post production.
The iOS application currently supports a minimum version of iOS 13 allowing us to consistently innovate and make use of the latest in Swift technologies such as SwiftUI and Combine. We currently have a single iOS application and a home screen widget extension (iOS 14 support upwards).
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming with Swift, its IDEs, XCUnitTests and XCUITests, frameworks, libraries and practices
- Experience with MVVM and other common architectures
- Experience with best practices in mobile design (human interface guidelines, threading, bandwidth considerations etc.)
- Commercial experience on native iOS mobile application development
- Excellent knowledge of core iOS libraries and frameworks (e.g. UIKit, Foundation, Security...)
- Experience of iOS application deployment (testing, approval and publishing to Apple store)
- Experience working with CI/CD.
- Excellent understanding of what it means to work with APIs, and how the moving parts of a mobile application fit together. Good understanding of REST and messaging platforms.
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Excellent communicator who can work well within a delivery team and manage interactions with other parts of the organisation, such as Product and Ops
- Keen to ensure that we focus on solving the essence of the problem rather than merely dealing with the symptoms
You might also have:
- Show us your Github/Stack Overflow/app portfolio!
- Experience in the fintech sector
- Active participant in tech meet-ups
- Experience with patterns such as Coordinator
- Experience working with Combine and/or SwiftUI
- Experience with Design Systems