Our mission is to give anyone that gives a damn about this planet the power to end the flow of plastics into the ocean! We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a small but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped over 300k units to over 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Soho House, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 3,291,570 kgs of plastic and improved our livelihoods at the same time. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there?
We’re looking for our first Operations Assistant to work directly with the Operations Manager & Supply Chain lead. This is an excellent opportunity for an operationally savvy professional to join a fast-growing startup with the potential to progress quickly.
You will help us monitor all operational activities across the end-to-end supply chain and offer support in global supply chain projects. You will be liaising with third-party manufacturers, warehouses and the end customers; building lasting relationships. As an Operations Assistant, you will work closely alongside our commercial & finance team, supporting cross functional workstreams.
- Manage the day to day operations such as order management, invoicing and answering customer queries
- Provide our B2B customers with a world-class service, ensuring timely deliveries
- Give regular updates to the Operations team on customer orders, stock deliveries & stock levels.
- Manage order inputting & prompt email response time
- Drive operational excellence and support improvement in operational processes
- Ensure finance & ops related reports are completed on time (eg. shipping costs, no. orders delivered on time, stock counts)
- Stock management - place orders with suppliers to ensure sufficient stock is available at all times
You will be a dependable, self-motivated and proactive person having worked previously in a similar role, using inventory management software such as NetSuite or Cin7 (desired but not essential). You’ll have a bright and positive attitude and engage with customers & internal stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
It is vital that you can thrive in a fast-paced environment and be eager to deliver the best possible experience to our B2B customers. Strong organizational skills are essential. As we’re working with so many companies, partners, and shipping bottles worldwide, you’ll need real attention to detail and a logistics-oriented mindset. You digest the information you are presented with and keep information stored at your fingertips and are highly solution-oriented.
So, if you’ve done something like this before and this description resonates with you, then hit apply!
WHAT WE NEED
- You have 1+ years of operations/supply chain/customer service experience
- Passion for giving exceptional customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Standout attention to detail and data entry skills - a high level of accuracy is essential
- Great organisational & problem solving skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of order processing
- The ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
Bonus Points (non essential, but a bonus if you have them!)
- Inventory management experience (preferable but not required as full training is provided)
- Previous experience in a B2B role is an advantage, but not essential
- You might have experience working with brand partners, distributors and retail within a start up or scale up business (sustainable brands preferable!)
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £25,000 - £28,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
- Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must! We work at WeWork Cursitor every Monday & Wednesday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint