Developer - miappi.com -
at Miappi (Anywhere)
Set up in 2012, Miappi is a VC funded start up who have built a social media aggregator site, with a web app and mobile app focus.
Miappi clients include Sony Music, Bauer Media (who own over 90 brands including Kiss.fm, Empire, Kerrang) and Diageo. Miappi helps clients increase the reach and engagement of their social content by delivering multiple social media feeds via one app and website. The website is also a destination for anyone wanting to follow their favourite celebs, musicians or brands.
The company was founded by three Directors who have extensive experience in web apps, media and digital industries, one of whom previously built and sold ArgoGroup.
With headquarters in central London and expansion plans into west coast USA, Miappi are increasing their technology expertise in London by hiring one contractor and one permanent developer.
The current company set up enables developers to work from home – you would need to come into central London weekly for meetings, general catch ups and to get to know the team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established, funded start up development team of three to build out the apps, website and mobile solutions in line with the product road-map.
You will work on a number of projects which include: continued development of a dashboard which will enable clients to manage and analyse their social media feeds; building in Google Analytics to the site; incorporating additional functionality and features such as building an aggregated online magazine data feed.
Technical skills required
We are seeking an experienced developer who can develop front to back end web based technical solutions and who has experience of responsive web design.
- Experience of developing an API
- PHP development ideally within an MVC environment (e.g. CodeIgniter or similar)
- CSS3 – ideally transitions and animations
- JSON data format
- AJAX, CORS
- MySQL or equivalent alternative
- A basic understanding of how to test effectively. Exposure to or an understanding of TDD would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of version control, ability to write clean, efficient and maintainable code
- Desire to learn new skills, technically curious and likes to keep up with technological developments
All candidates must have excellent business English skills.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Miappi
- Back end developer at Miappi in London 20-04-2015
- Business Development Manager at Miappi in London 17-04-2015
- Front end developer at Miappi in London 06-01-2015
- Front end developer at Miappi in London 11-11-2014