Client Services Director, Full-Time – £45-50,000 per annum
Location: Remote (UK-only)
Deadline: 25th January 2022
About Tandem (www.ridetandem.co.uk)
Tandem is building the world’s most flexible transport solution.
Traditional public transport – especially buses – have steadily gotten worse over the last decade. In many places, if you don’t have a car, you might find it difficult to get to work, access healthcare, or get to the supermarket.
While almost all transport technology companies focus exclusively on huge cities like London, New York or Berlin, Tandem is the first technology company focused on directly improving transport options for people living in towns and small cities.
Tandem’s tech-enabled partnerships with local taxi, minibus and coach companies offer a uniquely flexible alternative, providing employers, local governments and others with bespoke transport solutions that also do good in the world. By making it easier for our passengers to share their commutes and other journeys, we’re reducing the number of cars on the road, and enabling more than £1m of wages every month for our passengers.
As a fast-growing start up, no two days at Tandem are the same. We’re committed to making transport better for everyone, and we’re working towards that goal by creating user-friendly tech, providing world-class customer service and helping get people to where they need to be, every single day.
Tandem has been founded by three experienced co-founders and is backed by leading VCs and grantmakers like the European Space Agency.
To ensure Tandem offers a world-class experience for all its B2B customers, its passengers and its transport partners.
1. Directly manage relationships with key strategic clients
a. Proactively manage your own set of relationships with some of our biggest B2B customers
b. Alongside our Operations team, work with clients, passengers and transport providers to ensure all those who work with Tandem have a world-class experience
c. Act as each client’s champion internally - making sure all other Tandem functions are functioning effectively to keep them happy
d. Work with the Business Development Director to grow our accounts with each of those clients
e. React swiftly and decisively to manage situations if things go wrong.
2. Ensure the same level of world-class experience across other clients not directly managed
a. Put the processes and training in place to ensure that all B2B relationships are strong and growing.
b. Work with the Operations Manager and her team to ensure first class customer service for clients, passengers and our local transport partners
c. Work with the Operations Manager and others including the COO and CEO to develop our Customer Service playbook
3. Oversee our relationships with Tandem’s transport partners
a. Manage Tandem’s Transport Partnerships Executive
b. Act as a point of escalation for any issues with our transport partners
4. Supporting strategy development
a. Lead the development of Tandem’s Client Services strategy
b. Represent Client Services in discussions over new technology requirements
c. Play a key role in Tandem’s strategic development as part of our Senior Leadership team
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Wonderful interpersonal skills
- Able to handle complex, sometimes sensitive, negotiations with multiple stakeholders
- Confidence to take charge when things go wrong
- Comfortable with fast paced environment, evolving responsibilities as organisation grows
- Strategic thinker - able to plan at an organisation-wide level how Client Services can be consistently better.
- Detail-oriented - able to spot and solve problems before they happen
- 4+ years’ experience managing B2B-type customers in commercial or third-sector settings.
- Passion for our mission
- Flexibility and commitment. We have a 24/7 Operations Team supporting our services, but if our biggest client calls just as you were hoping to finish work or on a Saturday – we’d be grateful if you’d pick up (if you can) to check all is ok. We’re happy to offer time off in lieu where needed.
- Experience working with employers, temp agencies or in transport.
Working at Tandem:
What we offer:
- 28 days per year annual leave plus bank holidays
- A pension scheme with employer contribution;
- Bespoke professional development programme, including opportunity for external mentorship;
- The chance to be part of a meaningful challenge and to see the impact of your work;
- Real responsibility from the start;
- Working with a motivated, small but fast-growing team that is driven by a passion for positive social impact;
- Salary of £45-50k plus access to our options scheme (i.e. so you own a bit of the company too)
The role will be generally remote, but with the option of co-working in an office in central London for those who live close enough to the office 1-2 days a week.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in - and suitability for - the role.
We can only accept applicants that have the right to work in the UK.
If you have any questions – please get in touch and we’ll be happy to help!
We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team. We really do want applications from a range of candidates. If you can do most of the above, but you’ve got a nagging doubt that it’s not quite everything - please do go ahead and apply. We can’t promise we’ll hire you, but if you explain why you’re a great candidate - we promise to consider your application carefully.