Verto is a global financial technology start up that enables businesses of all sizes to access enterprise grade cross-border payments, FX and banking solutions via our advanced platform. Verto has worked with thousands of businesses globally since our launch in 2018. Businesses can accept payments and send payouts globally in one single platform. This has meant that each year we process billions of dollars of payments and provide companies with solutions while helping them save money and grow without any fuss.
The Risk and Compliance Officer will be responsible for monitoring card transactions to identify potential fraud, managing charge backs and disputes either directly or in collaboration with our customer success teams, liaising with onboarding team for the onboarding of merchants.
- Work closely with the MLRO to build and implement the risk framework for card issuance and merchant acquiring.
- Monitor merchant authorisations, deposits and refunds to identify suspicious transactions
- Review and escalate high risk alerts that signal emerging fraud and money laundering trends
- Monitor merchant accounts for indications of money laundering and conduct investigations
- Validate suspicious transactions by contacting merchants and obtaining the necessary documents in arriving at a decision
- Monitor merchants for number of chargebacks and disputed transactions
- Take charge of working with vendors to implement the appropriate fraud prevention software and transaction monitoring system
- Provide guidance on the KYC (Know Your Customer) processes specifically where this relates to card applications, to maintain high acceptance rates whilst identifying suspicious applications.
- Identifying and investigating potential fraud or financial crimes utilising the company’s monitoring systems.
- Raise internal suspicious activity reports to the MLRO
- Work closely with the MLRO in implementing best practice including software and technical solutions for reducing Fraud in card transactions
- Produce monthly reports on card transaction activity including fraud, disputes and chargebacks.
- Manage disputes and chargebacks
- Identify patterns and trends in customer behaviour to mitigate fraud
- Support in fraud awareness training across the business
- Assist the MLRO on the production of periodic reports for the FCA
- Strong interest in a fintech start up environment and for for building solutions
- Must have experience in card transaction monitoring
- Strong collaborator, communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders across organisations
- Readiness to work to tight deadlines
- Degree (or equivalent) preferably in an analytical subject area
- Understanding of Payment processing industry and/or e-commerce environment is a plus
- Experience with Credit Card Fraud Monitoring
What we offer:
- 29 days holiday each year (Including Bank Holidays)
- 5% Employer contribution towards Pension
- Flexible working policy to work from home or come in to the office
- Modern office in a WeWork space located in Moorgate for the times you want to come in
- Regular company social events
- Perkbox Subscription and private health and dental for employees and their families
Verto is an equal opportunities employer and we are a team of passionate, diverse individuals from 16 nationalities
If you have any questions please let us know.