About Nomad Cooks
Nomad Cooks makes it easier and more affordable to hire high-quality chefs for small events.
Hi, I’m Jojo, CEO and Co-founder of Nomad Cooks. I’ve worked as a freelance chef for four years and I’ve always struggled to find clients and make a meaningful income. Nomad Cooks has empowered chefs, like me, to find more work and sidestep middlemen agencies. We’re giving chefs an online shopfront so they can easily be booked, not just by the super-rich.
From £25/head our chefs do all the work for you; shopping, cooking and even the washing up! Our aspiration is to reinvent the hospitality industry as Airbnb did with travel.
Over the last year, Ben (CTO and Co-Founder) and I have grown the company at 30% MoM with over 400 completed bookings in London alone. We’re growing rapidly towards our next funding round but we also want to make sure that we work with integrity and build a company on really solid foundations.
We have a hard-working, agile and kind team culture. Above all, we’re all passionate and determined to create a word-changing chef service.
The role: Growth Lead
Nomad is building a world-class team. As growth hire at Nomad, you'll work side-by-side with the founders.
You’ll also have lots of freedom to reflect, analyse, experiment, innovate and improve the way we do things. On top of this, you’ll get exposure to all other parts of the business, especially product and operations.
This role is a critical part of the broader founding team and puts you in line to own large areas of the organisation in the coming years.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the founding team to run many marketing experiments in order to find repeatable user acquisition channels; you’ll be the author of our growth playbook.
- Start by conducting a thorough review of our customer data and funnels.
- Work closely with the product team to ensure high conversion rates.
- Identify and execute opportunities across all the stages of our customer lifecycles.
- Drive forward scrappy growth tactics like one-off PR stunts.
- Be a core member of our team and receive advice and support from our advisors and network to run this important, highly visible function.
Apply if you want to:
- Join right at the start of a high growth company.
- Be at the coalface in a startup’s journey as we expand from London and aim to reach 13,000 bookings next year, raising another funding round.
- Do high impact work with lots of freedom to reflect, analyse, experiment, innovate and improve the way we do things.
- Surround yourself with very intelligent, open, curious, and action-oriented people with opportunities to learn at every turn.
- Join a hands-on startup environment where you can try all sorts of things and grow your skills well beyond the scope of what you were initially hired to do.
- Get stuck in with the London startup scene with meetups, supperclubs and co-working spaces.
- Join a strong culture of openness & transparency.
- Join a team that has a real sense of purpose and enjoys seeing the impact of our work every day.
- You are a generalist, but adept in data analysis.
- You’ve found and scaled a growth channel before.
- You have experience designing hypothesis-driven A/B and multivariate testing, experimentation tools (e.g. Optimizely) and user research to drive product changes.
- You’ve worked with growth frameworks such as (AARRR / Reforge growth loops).
- You have experience using data analysis tools such as GA, Heap, Mixpanenel and Supermetrics.
- You understand that startups are unpredictable environments and are comfortable with a degree of chaos and plenty of excitement.
- You get that no player is bigger than the team. You fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other.
Nice to have
- An interest in food and the hospitality sector.
- Experience in both marketing and product.
- Worked on a marketplace business.
- Experience with Webflow and Bubble.io.
- This role is based in London at WeWork 10 York Road (Waterloo). Remote work is ok but we prefer working in person for 3 days a week.
- The salary for this role is £35,000 - £45,000. Your pay will increase as you grow and develop within the company. Equity will be vested over time.
- All-access WeWork membership (free coffees, beers and a great community)
- Option to travel and work as digital nomads (of course) together as a team for a week.
- £400 in credit booking a chef with us.
- Free food at the chef trials.
If this role sounds exciting to you, please apply through the link below.
If you’re unsure, please still get in touch - we welcome applicants from different backgrounds and would love to hear from you.
- Submit application (30 mins) → Zoom call (20 mins) → Technical interview (1 hour) → Final in-person interview (1 hour).
- To mitigate bias, we’ll mark your responses to the questions and take forward the best candidates before seeing names/CVs/LinkedIn.
Any offer of employment will be subject to the successful candidate holding the right to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, colour, national origin, religion, race or marital status.
This job description is intended to express the scope of the job. However, this job description is not an exhaustive list of requirements, responsibilities or working conditions connected with the position
No recruiters please.