At The Mesa our mission is to leverage community to empower people with wealth to maximize the potential of their giving. We do this by helping leaders of philanthropic communities foster online connection, learning and collaboration amongst their members - including philanthropists, inheritors and changemakers - by combining our community building expertise and a cutting-edge digital platform.
The Mesa platform, one of our signature offerings, is a first-of-its-kind technology in the social impact space that was incubated by I.G. Advisors, our parent company. As we continue to scale, we are looking for a Community Success Associate who can own the relationships with our external customers and their communities, providing end-to-end management from kick-off to ongoing support. This person will be a self-starter who thrives when working in a small team in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
Who You Are
The role of Community Success Associate is dynamic, varied, and constantly evolving. Our goal for The Mesa, aligned to the ethos of I.G. Advisors, is to go above and beyond expectations when delivering innovative, ambitious and tailored solutions to our customers.
No two days working on The Mesa are ever the same: as a lean, start-up environment within a small company, our team members wear many hats (sometimes at the same time). We are after a multi-talented multitasker who thrives when working on a diverse and varied workload.
- Manages a portfolio of relationships with customers and ensures successful onboarding to services.
- Doesn’t work in silos and is a team player who proactively brings in appropriate team members, as required, to provide technical and product support, including training.
- Resolves customer questions in a timely manner, liaising with the product team and beyond.
- Cultivates strong working relationships with customers using The Mesa services.
- Demonstrates ability to add value by pre-empting risks or challenges and develops solutions to address these before they become problematic, where required, partnering with customers to implement.
- Coordinates delivery of metrics and analytics for existing clients, when and if needed.
- Builds best-in-class, scalable customer service processes, working closely with the Head of Product to build a support ticketing system.
- Informs and supports all philanthropic communities on The Mesa when there are new feature releases, developing appropriate and relevant training and support materials as required.
- Works closely with The Mesa’s leadership to develop and iterate systems and processes around our partnership approach to relationship management.
- May support across the business on other relevant community-related services
- Brings in new customers across our services, meeting quarterly goals and targets.
- Builds relationships with prospective customers, including managing and leading exploratory meetings and pitch conversations.
- Develops and maintains strong and trusted relationships with current customers, encouraging renewals of our offerings and upselling of services, while also developing them as ambassadors to spread the word on who we are and what we do.
- Effectively represents The Mesa, and I.G. more broadly, externally, to showcase our – and your own – leadership and expertise as community specialists in the social impact space.
- Contributes creative ideas to enhance the work of the team and increase the reach to communities across the world.
- Prepares proposals to a high standard, developing clear briefs and working with the broader team to innovate around The Mesa’s services and product offering.
Join Us If…
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a relationship manager or customer success role with a proven history of successful stakeholder management and engagement abilities (e.g. increasing customer adoption, satisfaction and retention).
- Demonstrable relevant project management experience.
- You’re interested in and/or have experience working with early-stage start-ups.
- You have a love of creating structure and working to deadlines, and are able to successfully prioritize competing tasks.
- You are a go-getter and willing to get your hands dirty and try things that sit outside your comfort zone.
- You are familiar working with a variety of support ticketing and CRM systems.
- You have experience implementing new processes/systems into organizations.
- You enjoy helping individuals or groups learn new skills.
- You understand trends across technology, social impact, and the emerging discipline of community management – and you take time to continuously educate yourself.
- You are a supportive people-person with clear, persuasive verbal and written communications.
- You can work sensitively with high profile individuals or private philanthropic entities.
- You are excited to help build out our team culture as one of our early hires.
- You speak fluent, native-level English.
This Isn’t The Job for You If…
- A fast-paced working environment fills you with dread.
- The idea of having an “entrepreneurial spirit” sounds scary, not exciting.
- You are not a creative problem solver.
- You cannot prioritize workload in an ever-changing environment to achieve maximum potential.
- You are afraid to challenge norms.
- You aren’t passionate about social impact and/or philanthropy.
- Salary Range: £25,000 - £30,000
- Hours: Full Time, Monday – Friday working hours; 9am - 6pm
- Location: Flexible work environment with both remote working and access to our central London (SE1) offices
- Benefits: Pension, health insurance, 38 days annual leave (including 25 days annual leave, your birthday off, UK bank holidays, and the time between Christmas and New Years), and a flexible working policy.
- Reporting to: Head of Community
Why Join The Mesa Team at I.G. Advisors?
The Mesa is an exciting new initiative that has been incubated by I.G. Advisors with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Our offering empowers philanthropic communities to build thriving, interactive and impactful online communities. With The Mesa digital platform, a philanthropic community (groups of individuals or organizations focused on social and environmental change) can have a private learning and social hub where their members can connect with like-minded peers, develop their philanthropic prowess and become more ethical stewards of wealth. In tandem with the digital platform we have a portfolio of community support services to support the development of communities to be as relevant and impactful as possible. The team is based in London, with global roots. The following values drive The Mesa’s work:
- We are Authentic - we are true to ourselves regardless of the pressure.
- We are Innovative - we are passionate about experimenting and exploring better solutions.
- We are Collaborators - we are driven to partner with others to create.
- We are Learners - we are constantly growing and improving for the benefit of ourselves, our team and our customers.
I.G. Advisors (I.G.) is an award-winning strategy consultancy specializing in social and environmental change. Its mission is to build the capacity of nonprofits, businesses and philanthropists to achieve impact and growth — from grassroots organizations working tirelessly in their communities through to those seeking large-scale, systemic change. The Mesa came about through I.G.’s Sector Transformation work, where we use our cross-sectoral knowledge and experience to deliver new ideas, projects and thought leadership to #FixTheFlow of resources for good.
We are an internationally diverse mission-driven women-led firm and a certified B Corp. All our staff are supported to bring their whole selves to work, build an inclusive culture, and follow their passions within the sectors we work in. We strongly encourage applications from LGBTQAI+ and ethnic minorities candidates, as well as individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please complete this form by January 23, 11:59 GMT. If you have any questions about the role or the application process please email email@example.com.
This post is subject to receipt of two satisfactory references and all applicants must be able to work legally in the UK without restriction; we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.