We are looking for talented and dedicated Backend Engineers to help us build out a world beating feature set. Joining our engineering team you’ll be responsible for developing new features and services to help us continue to deliver a great product to our customers that helps our company and their money grow.
What you can expect to be doing:
You will be working with a team to deliver new API capabilities that provide features for Chips customers intended to grow our user base and retain them in the long run. This will be achieved by working on the development of new microservices that will be deployed across our AWS estate. You will regularly be involved in show & tell sessions with the goal of helping enable not just the engineers but the whole company in understanding what it is to be an engineer at Chip.
What we’re looking for:
- Programming language experience in PHP with an interest to learn GO
- Experience with a PHP framework such as Laravel or Symfony
- Some knowledge of design patterns (bus, repository, decorator, etc)
- An understanding of mutable vs immutable databases
- Experience with manipulating data structures and performing performance audits of codebase and database.
- Development locally with Containers (Docker) through to production.
- Strong understanding of branching strategies and where best to use them.
- An understanding of Microservice architecture and how to develop micro services.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current engineering team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £50,000 - £55,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Share option scheme.
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted inc bank holidays) ✈️
- Personal Learning Allowance
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Take home technical test
- Video interview with the squad lead
- Final Interview with HR & Product Manager
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.