Full Time, Primarily Remote/Bristol, £35k-£70k
At Reach Industries, We are an early stage start-up with a mission to augment scientists and make labs more efficient, so they can better and faster tackle world challenges, which is even more important today with recent global events.
We’ve been building a platform that increases productivity and quality in labs by leveraging vision data. The platform has applications across many Life Science industries such as BioTech and Pharma.
We thrive on being different, we encourage, support and celebrate diversity in the workplace and in all aspects of life. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who strives to ensure a balanced and measured approach to all aspects of employment. The decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on individual competence, performance, merit and business needs.
In a Post covid-19 world, the increase in productivity and efficiency that our products will offer those at the forefront of humanity’s greatest challenges has become even more important and as you join us in building this company, we want this to be the best place you've ever worked; an environment where you will positively influence the culture and have the freedom and confidence to do your best work with the respect and trust of your colleagues.
Whilst all our roles are primarily remote, the company is headquartered in Bristol and applicants will need to be able to visit atleast once a month, sometimes more, depending on the team and working requirements.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Backend Developer to join our engineering team building greenfield projects for the lab tech industry.
- Build and maintain backend infrastructure to support platform application requirements.
- Work closely with platform engineers (frontend to application engineers) to ensure efficient code bases to enhance customer experience and reduce code processing requirements.
- Ensure all best practices are followed for data security
- Take part in wider architectural discussions in helping determine how our products are built.
The successful person will have the following:
- Good working knowledge of AWS (EC2, ALB, IAM)
- Strong understanding and prior experience with NodeJS & Typescript
- Strong understanding and prior experience with SQL
- Good working knowledge of how to use Git
- Familiarity using Linux via a terminal
Nice to have:
- Previous use of Infrastructure as code, Cloudformation, CDK
- Working knowledge of network security practices
- Experience configuring and using CI/CD (currently Jenkins)
- Experience using Docker and containerisation
- Familiarity with DynamoDB, S3
- Familiarity with Golang
- Basic knowledge of video streaming (gstreamer via WebRTC)
- Be part of a dynamic, collaborative, social and hard-working start-up that is building technology to have a positive impact on the world.
- £35k-£70k salary depending on applicant experience and skill level, workplace pension, 27 days holiday + bank holidays + company break during end of year.
- Stock Options scheme; it’s important to us that you feel a sense of ownership in the business and also benefit as we grow and succeed.
- Flexible work schedule, 8am – 10am start.
- Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials.
- Modern equipment to work with. Choose your technology set-up (within reason!).
Please email Chris with your CV and cover letter (if applicable) and we'll send you the next stage of the application process.
Polite Recruiter Note: We currently do not wish to work with any external recruiters or agencies, please do not contact us at this stage as it will jeopardise any opportunity of working together in the future.