Full Time, Primarily Remote/Bristol, £40k-£70k
At Reach Industries, We are an early stage start-up with a mission to augment scientists and make labs more efficient, so they can better and faster tackle world challenges, which is even more important today with recent global events.
We’ve been building a platform that increases productivity and quality in labs by leveraging vision data. The platform has applications across many Life Science industries such as BioTech and Pharma.
We thrive on being different, we encourage, support and celebrate diversity in the workplace and in all aspects of life. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who strives to ensure a balanced and measured approach to all aspects of employment. The decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on individual competence, performance, merit and business needs.
In a Post covid-19 world, the increase in productivity and efficiency that our products will offer those at the forefront of humanity’s greatest challenges has become even more important and as you join us in building this company, we want this to be the best place you've ever worked; an environment where you will positively influence the culture and have the freedom and confidence to do your best work with the respect and trust of your colleagues.
Whilst all our roles are primarily remote, the company is headquartered in Bristol and applicants will need to be able to visit at least once a month, sometimes more, depending on the team and working requirements.
We are looking for a Computer Vision Engineer to join our platform team to build greenfield vision applications that have a direct value add to our laboratory based customers. .
- Implement and manage production ready computer vision applications within a microservice architecture environment.
- Manage ground truthing of internal datasets and maintain internal datasets
- Research novel use cases for computer vision applications to drive customer value.
- Work closely with platform engineers (frontend to backend) to ensure efficient code bases to enhance customer experience and reduce code processing requirements.
- Take part in wider architectural discussions in helping determine how our products are built.
The successful person will have the following:
- Strong working knowledge of C++ and producing production ready code.
- Strong working knowledge of Opencv and familiarity of video streaming and time series data.
- Working knowledge of machine learning tool kits (Tensorflow, Caffa, CNTK, Pytorch, Sagemaker)
- Familiarity with Git and Github
- Working experience with Linux and working via the terminal
- Have used a project management tool (either Jira, Trello, Shortcut, Clubhouse, Monday)
- Working experience with building data model
Nice to have:
- Experience of researching in Python or Matlab
- Familiarity with VS Code or Visual Studio
- Familiarity with Docker or Containerization tools
- Bachelors, Masters, Phd in related fields to computer vision.
- Experience of leading research and development.
- Be part of a dynamic, collaborative, social and hard-working start-up that is building technology to have a positive impact on the world.
- £40k-£70k salary depending on applicant experience and skill level, workplace pension, 27 days holiday + bank holidays + company break during end of year.
- Stock Options scheme; it’s important to us that you feel a sense of ownership in the business and also benefit as we grow and succeed.
- Flexible work schedule, 8am – 10am start.
- Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials.
- Modern equipment to work with. Choose your technology set-up (within reason!).
Please email Chris with your CV and cover letter (if applicable) and we'll send you the next stage of the application process.
Polite Recruiter Note: We currently do not wish to work with any external recruiters or agencies, please do not contact us at this stage as it will jeopardise any opportunity of working together in the future.