Join a B Corp tech product disrupting the corporate-to-community giving space - making change happen, fast
A bit about us
ActionFunder has been built by the team behind Semble, the BCorp that brings businesses and communities together to make change happen from the grassroots up. Over the last 10 years we have run dozens of campaigns for major UK brands such as Persil, Carling & Iceland Foods and have established a network of 3,500 community organisations doing brilliant work all around the UK. We have a highly motivated team who work really hard and are fiercely proud of what we do and the positive change we have enabled. But we are restless to do more – to scale up and multiply our impact.
During the pandemic we saw the devastation wreaked on small but vital charitable organisations and this triggered us to build a game-changing new platform. We fundamentally believe in the power of business to do good and to that end, our new platform, ActionFunder, changes the way in which businesses and community groups connect.
ActionFunder makes it quicker and easier to give and get funding. It reduces the cost of giving for businesses and provides better, simpler access to funding for grassroots groups. Meaning less talk, more action.
We have run a successful 6 month Beta trial, partnering with 16 Funder organisations and launched publicly in October. We have ambitious growth plans and need passionate and knowledgeable developers to join the team and help us further develop the platform.
A bit about the role
To date we’ve partnered with a great offshore development team, but having secured our third round of investment we’re now looking to bring the development team in-house. You’ll be part of a small cross-functional product team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
You should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Proven (2 years plus) experience as a Full stack Developer
- Experience developing responsive SaaS applications
- Knowledge of front-end languages and libraries, particularly React
- Knowledge of back-end languages, specifically Python Django)
- Knowledge of design and maintenance of relational databases, ideally PostgreSQL and servers Apache)
- Interest and knowledge of UI/UX, specifically Material Design
- Great attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- An analytical mind
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
What else do you need to know?
- Reports to: COO
- Salary: to £70,000
- Contract type: Full time, fixed term
- Contract term: One year
- Location: Bristol (preferably) / London / Fully remote working considered
- A few of the perks we offer: options to have a stake in our growing business, 2 volunteer days a year, birthdays off!
If you only fulfil 75% of the criteria we encourage you to still apply, we are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to building a diverse culture. We are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds and all applicants will receive consideration without discrimination.