We are looking for an Android Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers and build the next generation of our mobile applications. As an Android developer, you'll be at the core of Android delivery at Chip. You specialise in Android but use your much broader technical experience to help steer the team.
You'll be working with one of the fastest growing fintechs, helping us define how we use mobile to drive our business and help make saving effortless for millions. You'll share your passion and experience with those around you, allowing and encouraging your less experienced teammates to step up to the challenges.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Design, build and ship features for our Android application from inception to release.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to deliver a high quality product.
- Working across the engineering team to help shape the products roadmap.
- Build reusable tools to enhance our development practices.
- Owning large architectural changes to the codebase.
- Being seen as a point of contact to other areas of the business and can communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders.
What we’re really looking for:
- You've built an Android application that's on the Google Play Store.
- You have strong working knowledge of Kotlin and the Android SDKs.
- You want to build great UI using Jetpack Compose.
- You are committed to writing high quality code and writing tests (unit tests, UI tests, etc.).
- You love collaborating as an Agile team.
- You have solid understanding of the mobile development lifecycle.
- You're staying up to date with the latest in Android and want to use new technologies such as Coroutines and Kotlin Multiplatform.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the best savings account in the world.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current mobile team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £45,000 - £55,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Chip Scholarship fund to support your personal development
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Short take home test
- Technical interview with the Android Chapter Lead
- Final interview with HR and Product Manager
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.