You will join our Community team and play a key role in the growth of our event calendar.
This is a VC backed, newly formed, team led by experienced Founders with a deep understanding of the ageing space, consumer technology and lean startup methodologies. You will be reporting directly to the Community and Events Manager, and together we will solve social isolation and loneliness experienced by over-65s, through fostering lifelong learning and social connection.
We’re an early stage startup, currently with 14 people (9 full-time and 5 part-time). As a member of the team, you'll experience early stage startup autonomy and flexibility.
As our event programme expands, we need someone to support with event moderation on Zoom, offering flexibility over some evenings and weekends. This position will enable us to extend the events programme for our growing community, and improve our social impact.
Our events are led by external Hosts and moderated by a member of the Mirthy team. Your job would be to moderate online Zoom events for our community and support the growth of Mirthy's event programme.
To achieve this, you’ll:
- Moderate online Zoom events for our community, offering flexibility over some evenings and weekends (~50% of your time)
- Support with pre and post event preparation, such as event resources and feedback for hosts (~20% of your time)
- Upload events to the website, editing copy for event descriptions and host biographies, and selecting high quality imagery (~20% of your time)
- Support with new Host research and outreach (~10% of your time)
Mirthy offers a world of learning and discovery resources. We’re dedicated to delivering happiness and plenty of smiles by providing ideas, inspiration, education and entertainment for curious minds.
People with the time, freedom and desire to expand their horizons (typically, but not exclusively, aged 65+) join us to try new things, explore different cultures, make new connections and enjoy all of the benefits and rewards of living life well.
We offer more than 60 live Zoom events every month, covering a variety of activities and interests such as pilates, yoga, musical concerts, cooking demonstrations, dancing and craft workshops, educational lectures, and many more to come.
The number of people aged over 65 will rise sharply over the next 30 years. This demographic consists of a generation of people with considerable time and spending power. Referred to as the 'young-old', they are internet savvy and ready to embrace new technologies. We're on a mission to build a community of millions of 'young-old', where they can share, learn from and grow with each other.
Launched in 2020, with a growing community of over 30,000, we're a diverse team spread across London and the South West. We've been part of several prestigious accelerator programmes, received over $1m in funding from Venture Capital funds, and won six figure prize money through competitions from notable public sector bodies.
- You can learn more about Mirthy on our website
- Read more about our brand from one of our VC investors here
- Have a look at some industry press here
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- You are highly personable and able to develop relationships quickly
- You have excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- You are a critical thinker who can assess the success of an event according to customer feedback/response
- You want a fast-paced, loosely-structured work environment that challenges you and that you learn from
- You enjoy a high sense of ownership and autonomy
- You have previous experience hosting or moderating online events
To be a great fit at Mirthy, we look for individuals who share OUR VALUES:
- Caring and empathetic. We are all equals, and care about our community, our team, and those around us
- Curious. We will always strive to do better, to learn and to ask questions
- Positive and aspirational. We look for the best in every situation
- Innovative. We believe in consistently improving, trying new things, and testing what works
- Inclusive. We are open to everyone, from all walks of life
We're committed to making Mirthy a fantastic place to work, and we will go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- £22,000 - £24,000 annual salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and as a bonus, your birthday off too!
- Pension with NEST (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- A remote role with flexible working hours (access to a London base for all hands meetings every 2-4 weeks with travel expenses paid)
- Access to co-working space through Hubble Day Pass (300+ spaces)
- A learning and development budget
- Laptop & full set-up at home
- Quarterly team socials, all expenses paid
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do-at-home task to give us an insight into how you would approach your responsibilities in this role
This process should take around two to four weeks, depending on diaries.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Mirthy. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.