Graduate / Junior Electronics Engineer:
Within an entrepreneurial, face-paced, and customer-oriented company a need has arisen for some talented firmware engineers to join an established team.
Salunda Limited integrates robust, networked monitoring solutions and location tracking for automation applications in harsh environments. The company has grown very rapidly over the past seven years and now has a global customer base.
We have an exciting opportunity for electronic engineers to develop hardware within an established and rapidly growing technology business.
Qualifications to degree level, ideally with at least two years’ industry experience, is a minimum requirement.
Work be on-site at our offices in Bicester, Oxfordshire. Ideally, you will be locally based, or within 45 minutes commute.
You will work on automation and monitoring projects, including training on and applying technologies including machine learning, machine vision, robotics and industrial wireless.
This is a permanent position, and we are looking for someone who can start ASAP.
- Breadth of technical knowledge in electronic hardware and software development,
- Strong theoretical knowledge in electronics and/or computer science
- Experience of developing products for industrial applications,
- Practical and dynamic
- Strong work ethic – you will share our high ‘clock speed’,
- Developing and testing code quickly.
- Optimising algorithms and code to produce a performance system.
Educated to degree or master’s level in electronic engineering or computer science. Ideally graduated with a 2.1 or higher, and possibly with a few years in industry as well.
Ideally some, or all, of the following skills:
Electronics: Analog, digital, control electronics.
Design experience with mixed analogue and digital electronics circuits, populating PCBs and testing using broad range of test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, DVMs, PSU.
Programming languages: C#, C++, Python
CAD tools: Experience using schematic capture and PCB layout e.g. Altium.
Management: Git, Subversion.
Communications: USB, RS232, SPI, I2C, TCP-IP, Ethernet
Mathematics: MATLAB, Scilab, Python
Simulation: Spice, COMSOL
CAD Tools: Altium, SolidWorks
Architectures: PIC, ARM
FPGA development: Altera, Xilinx
- Development of products from concept through to production.
- Capable of putting prototype systems together quickly.
- Ideally sensor solutions, or industrial internet of things (IIOT),
- Machine Learning and Machine Vision using LIDAR or TOF camera technologies.
- Real time location systems (RTLS)
- Embedded systems and firmware for microcontrollers and FPGA/SoC through to systems
- Design and development of wireless devices, including Bluetooth, GSM, 3G, WiFi.
- Communications protocols Some experience of programming control systems, communications and interfacing is not a must but is an advantage: Power over Ethernet, Wireless HART, Mod Bus, PLCs etc.