Please note we do not sponsor work permit. You must be entitled to work in the UK. This is not a remote working position, you must be able to work in our office in Canary Wharf from Day 1.
No agencies please
Oasis Living https://oasis-living.com/ is a tech and data-driven property technology platform for the millennial renter. We use technology at every step to find and cater to high-quality tenants, and manage our housekeeping & property maintenance services, ensuring low churn, achieve near-zero void periods and preserve property value.
A successful business running for 4 years, we manage over 200 properties in and around London and looking to expand in the UK and internationally after having proven the model over a few business cycles.
The process of renting a home is outdated. In an age when we can order a car with the click of a button, or order food from our favourite restaurant within a few minutes, finding and renting a home should be easy. We are re-imagining how renting should be in a new world
What you'll work on:
- Tech Leadership: You will be instrumental in working with the founder to set a lean-methodology-driven development roadmap and work with the rest of the tech team to ensure that the team sticks to it.
- Backend: Our core backend database and business logic to enable landlords (private landlords and institutional, corporate landlords) to list their properties (flats/houses) on our platform and push it to several marketing platforms. Via API integrations. Building backend logic for apps used by the operations team
- Frontend: The dashboard (React JS) and apps (React Native) for landlords and tenants and our operational team (handymen, plumber, tradespeople, housekeepers) to be part of the entire life cycle of the tenancy process – from viewing the flats online, seeing the flat in person, moving in, property management and more
- AI/ML: We are increasingly using more AI/ML to solve problems in our business.
- Which of the five plumbers working in different parts of town should go to fix a leak in a property at a certain location – based on skills, previous experience in the property (or similar property), the urgency of the situation, traffic congestion, distance to be travelled, tenant frustration and other factors. How to create this into a feedback loop, so the machine learns next time? Think how UberPool does it. Here is a video explainer https://youtu.be/05A7_ggClj8
- Our "knowledge-data" is distributed in various channels – slack, email, phone, whatsapp, voice calls, in-person chat - customer service staff, handymen, housekeepers, inventory checkin-clerks, and dozen other people talking with one another. We are trying to create an omniscient system that sees every bit of information and conversation flow and converts the unstructured data into structured data for answering complex questions. Here is a video explainer - https://youtu.be/GZFOvUCs11Y
Below is our tech-stack, and we want someone who knows some of it already and has the enthusiasm and capacity to learn the others very fast. Here is a video explainer https://youtu.be/5OOeC3_7zRE
- Django Framework and Python.
- Scikit Learn, ML (AWS based)
- Django Rest Framework AWS Services for hosting and deployment
- Distributed Task System - Celery, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Python/Django testing framework – unit, functional, and integration testing
- Logging and Error reporting systems – Logentries, Sentry
- Scraping using python Scrapy
- Django Viewflow - BPMN
- React JS/ Redux framework, React Native
- Gatsby JS
- Git and continuous integration systems
- Analytics platforms like Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Segment.io Mailing systems – Sendgrid, Mandrill and their integrations with Django
- Extensive testing
- Have 4+ years of software engineering experience and demonstrate the ability to be a dev team lead
- Have experience with our tech stack: React/React Native on the frontend, and Python and Django in backend
- Be able to write clean, maintainable, high test-coverage code with attention to performance, but also be able to ship quickly + scrappily when the occasion calls for it
- Be comfortable shipping features end-to-end, from defining the product spec to deploying to production, creating guidelines for the operations team to ensure that the product is being used by users in the way intended, see how users use the product and integrate changes needed back into the product
You should be a developer with a "stay hungry, stay foolish" mindset and who has a proven track record in programming. You love knowing and learning new technologies and using them towards practical applications and solving real-life problems and making cool things Solving that nagging bug, or learning that new intricate package to fit into your codebase keeps you up till late at night. You can think and build things from first-principles when necessary, but also know how to use existing packages and join their dots and integrate them well to the desired end. You should be able to pick up new things fast
About the founder
Sam Ghosh is a London-based tech-entrepreneur and founder of Oasis Living
Sam co-founded Earthmiles as a CTO. Earthmiles focuses on health-rewards and incentives (https://earthmiles.co.uk/)
Currently also a Partner at Gattaca, an algorithmic trading firm, specializing in cryptocurrencies.
Prior to that, Sam worked in banking/hedge funds for over 10 years between London and Hong Kong, and then joined a city-based fund with colleagues from Societe Generale.
Sam has been programming for over 15 years of experience in Python in a professional capacity.
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/sam7/
Please apply with your CV and give us an idea about your programming journey so far, both professional and personal. You can expect 1-2 rounds of technical interviews for understanding your algorithmic thinking and and a short coding exercise to test your programming knowledge
You can expect
Competitive salary and bonus
0.4-1.0% in equity options