We build and run smart finance functions for fast-growth and complex businesses.
Our mission is to deliver relevant insight that enables better business decisions.
Our vision is to transform and lead how finance delivers deep business insights to key decision-makers.
This is how we’re different
Fast-growth business leaders need responsive reporting and relevant insight now, not tomorrow. So, we use technology to simplify complex data and deliver relevant insight.
At flinder, we up the ante; we want to transform the way in which finance delivers deep business insight to key decision makers.
We support clients through the scale and funding journey. We cut through the fluff. We deliver meaningful insight. We get them ready for funding. We support them on the Board. With our help, they have the insight and evidence to tell a great story about their business to instil investors' confidence. With our support, they continue to grow. Fast.
Most of our clients are fast-growth, typically equity-backed, businesses predominantly in London. But, we also work with businesses all over the world; for example Australia and North America on data analytics projects.
ENTREPRENEURS AT HEART
Creators. Leaders. Self-starters. We're a fast-growth company that likes to challenge convention. We're always thinking and looking ahead.
We're interested in our clients. We take the time to get to know what makes their business tick. Yes, we deliver on business, data and finance challenges, but it's always strategic, insightful and relevant.
A BS-FREE ZONE
We're true to ourselves, and we're straight with our clients. So, if we think something is the right thing for our client’s business, we'll say it even if it's not what they want to hear.
We don't settle. We're always looking for a better way. We're relentless when it comes to delivering the highest standards and getting the best outcome for clients.
Business Development Manager
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to help drive our go-to-market strategy and execute targeted sales campaigns in our key sectors: SaaS Tech and e-Commerce, across our service lines: Smart Finance Functions, Data Analytics (B2B SaaS solution) and Finance Consulting.
You will work with our outsourced marketing team and internal sector leads to develop and execute the strategy. You will need to be organised, tenacious and driven, with strong influencing skills and impact.
This role involves business development (BD) and sales skills to drive pipeline growth, build our profile and deliver revenue generating activities for new prospects as well a smaller element of nurturing existing client accounts.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with our sector leaders to drive strategies and sales campaigns.
- Identifying and supporting new target account opportunities in our key sectors (SaaS Tech and e-Commerce).
- Identifying and driving sales campaigns that leverage our thought-leadership, event programmes and campaigns.
- Developing a pipeline of (key target) opportunities and following our methodology through to proposal.
- Drafting proposals with clear value differentiators using our proposal software.
- Establishing a network of commercial relationships with intermediaries and the wider business community.
- Attending relevant events to network and represent flinder in the market.
- Developing an understanding of key client challenges and relevant flinder propositions to support.
- Driving relevant internal BD meetings and subsequent actions.
- Accurately recording all BD and sales activities (meetings and opportunities) in our CRM system.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience working in the London startup/scaleup ecosystem with an understanding of the challenges and pressures a founder CEO faces.
- Pro-active, self-sufficient and highly structured and organised in delivering strategies.
- Building and executing sales campaigns and lead generation activities.
- Exposure to Operations in a startup environment.
- Experience in B2B business development and selling would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of developing channel partnerships.
- Use of CRM systems to drive and track relationships and campaigns.
- Experience/background in accounting or finance would be advantageous but not essential.
- Strong communication, relationship and influencing skills.
- Resilience and tenacity.
- A sound business understanding as well as being commercially astute.
- Competitive base salary (experience dependent)
- OTE £65,000 - £85,000 (experience dependent)
- Discretionary performance related bonus
- Pension contributions
- Private medical care
- Fully paid strategy week each year
- Employee perks provided through PerkBox
- Flexible working
- Laptop available for business and personal use
- Mobile phone or BYOD allowance
You will predominantly be based in London and travel to prospect sites and events will be required. From time to time you may work from home depending on business and client needs.