Ever wondered how skyscrapers like The Shard or One World Trade get built? It takes a vast effort across a huge team of designers, builders, and managers, to name a few. But everyone in the industry knows that the process isn’t ideal: almost 70% of projects run more than 10% over budget, and 75% are completed significantly late. Disperse is helping our customers overcome these challenges by empowering them to transform. We provide cutting edge AI (computer vision) solutions to revolutionize the way construction gets delivered.
Over the past years, our offices (London, Sarajevo, New York, Mostar, Islamabad, Sydney, Berlin) have joined forces to build a product and service that our customers love. After our Series A funding round we’ve kickstarted a new stage of global growth. We're a creative, conscientious and proudly diverse community of AI researchers, software engineers, architects, operational experts and business people dedicated to helping build the skylines of tomorrow.
We are looking for a dedicated and organised Project Associate to oversee the day to day work of our project coordination on projects across Germany and the rest of Europe. We need a bold, action-oriented problem solver with operations, project management or project coordination experience.
The Project Associate will leverage their customer success and project delivery management experience to drive the deployment of our solution with our customers, where the ideal candidate helps implement best practices and new methodologies and successfully drives the overall project delivery excellence. You will be responsible for driving the delivery across our clients while working closely with cross-functional teams (including technical experts) to deliver defined outputs to time and quality criteria.
You'll be joining a team at the forefront of our day-to-day projects operations, giving you responsibility and ownership from day one. You’ll be responsible for helping to scale our operations while maintaining and improving on aggressive quality and efficiency metrics.
Some of the work that you will be doing includes:
- Managing and co-ordinating the release of deliverables (reports, viewer etc.) to our clients on time while ensuring the quality remains high
- Mobilising quickly when to problem solve and ensure that internal issues don't affect the client
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to deliver the best customer experience
- Working directly with clients - leading implementation sessions, organising training sessions, and responding to / resolving client requests
- Developing and implementing best practices, new methodologies and process steps to drive overall delivery excellence
- Contributing to the development and evolution of our processes and ways of working
Ask anyone at Disperse what they love most about working here, and they'll probably tell you "it's the people!", "The team, of course", "the people and the Hedwig owls in the offices".
As clichéd as it may sound, we're very proud of the people we have and the close-knit, family culture we've built across all of our offices. Despite the distances, we're united through the passion with which we approach our goals and the fun that we have along the way. The following should give you a good idea what type of culture you'd be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking full ownership of problems and initiatives. We don't believe in micromanagement. Instead, we let you pave your own path and give you the space to continuously learn and grow even if it means taking a few detours.
- We support each other. If a process breaks or if you're struggling, you can always count on the people around you and the people far away from you, to help you get back on track.
- We run on feedback: direct and transparent praise and constructive criticism, communicated with the best of intentions. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas and approaches are always judged on merit rather than source. We welcome discussions and challenges. This way everyone makes a tremendous impact no matter the role.