Ever wondered how skyscrapers like The Shard or One World Trade get built? It takes a vast effort across a huge team of designers, builders, and managers, to name a few. But everyone in the industry knows that the process isn’t ideal: almost 70% of projects run more than 10% over budget, and 75% are completed significantly late. Disperse is helping our customers overcome these challenges by empowering them to transform. We provide cutting edge AI (computer vision) solutions to revolutionize the way construction gets delivered.
Over the past years, our offices (London, Sarajevo, New York, Mostar, Islamabad, Sydney, Berlin) have joined forces to build a product and service that our customers love. After our Series A funding round we’ve kickstarted a new stage of global growth. We're a creative, conscientious and proudly diverse community of AI researchers, software engineers, architects, operational experts and business people dedicated to helping build the skylines of tomorrow.
We are looking for a dedicated and organised Commercial Operations Associate to oversee the day-to-day work of our commercial, procurement, and revenue collection operations. We need an action-oriented problem solver and strong communicator with operations, contract & billing administration or procurement experience.
You will help implement best practices and new methodologies to sucessfully support various activities across our commercial, procurement and revenue collection operations. You will be driving efficient revenue collection while working closely with cross-functional teams (including our customer success and sales teams) and liaising with our clients to establish effective revenue collection procedures.
Some of the work that you will be doing includes:
- Carrying out day-to-day commercial activities, including customer contract administration and invoicing
- Liaising with clients to effect timely revenue collection, responding to/resolving client requests concerning commercial matters
- Undertaking all activities related to procurement of works on our projects in collaboration with relevant teams
- Managing and maintaining our commercial and sales databases (Salesforce)
- Developing and implementing best practices, new methodologies and process steps to drive overall commercial excellence
- Contributing to the development and evolution of our processes and ways of working
Ask anyone at Disperse what they love most about working here, and they'll probably tell you "it's the people!", "The team, of course", "the people and the Hedwig owls in the offices".
As clichéd as it may sound, we're very proud of the people we have and the close-knit, family culture we've built across all of our offices. Despite the distances, we're united through the passion with which we approach our goals and the fun that we have along the way. The following should give you a good idea what type of culture you'd be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking full ownership of problems and initiatives. We don't believe in micromanagement. Instead, we let you pave your own path and give you the space to continuously learn and grow even if it means taking a few detours.
- We support each other. If a process breaks or if you're struggling, you can always count on the people around you and the people far away from you, to help you get back on track.
- We run on feedback: direct and transparent praise and constructive criticism, communicated with the best of intentions. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas and approaches are always judged on merit rather than source. We welcome discussions and challenges. This way everyone makes a tremendous impact no matter the role.