Gousto is on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste, all of our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
Who you are?
You are a highly motivated, curious, friendly part-qualified accountant excited about the opportunity to join a rapidly growing business and eager to learn and progress.
Your past experience involves:
- Playing a lead role in the creation of the month end management accounts.
- Experience with balance sheet reconciliations and putting controls in place to underpin assurance
- Experience with VAT and Corporation Tax returns. Knowledge of R&D Tax and Employee Benefit treatments is welcomed.
- Working with IFRS standards such as IFRS16
- Previous experience of working within a financial accounting function
- Experience of using Dynamics 365 and Business Intelligence software is
- Dealing with insurance desirable but not essential
This role is a great opportunity to be a leader in the financial accounting function whilst growing your skillset and developing yourself as a finance professional. You will play a key role in the creation of the month-end management accounts whilst owning oversight of the balance sheet. You will also be the main point of contact in relation to direct and indirect taxes, being responsible for Gousto’s compliance in this area. Furthermore, your skills will be used to apply technical accounting standards, support the further development of internal controls, and partner FP&A / Commercial Finance in relation to the balance sheet and extraction of data for decision-making
As we continue to grow and become increasingly complex there will also be opportunities to have involvement with cross functional projects to develop reporting, improve processes, and increase efficiencies.
What you’ll do
Your role will be focused on:
- Leading VAT and Corporation Tax compliance
- Liaising with insurance brokers and dealing with insurance needs for the wider business
- Preparation of yearly corporation tax and R&D Tax returns with assistance from external tax advisors
- Playing a key role in the delivery of month end and responsible for the overall review of the balance sheet.
- Supporting the team with the application of key IFRS standards, as well as areas of significant judgement
- Business partnering with Commercial Finance and FP&A in relation to the balance sheet and cash flow, and data for decision-making
- Supporting on monthly variance analysis for central costs and cash flow
- Support on the external audit process
- Helping the business with any ad hoc accounting queries
- Working with the control accountants to further Gousto's internal controls
- Use of analytical tools to streamline output from the accounting software - helping business partners to drive decision-making
- Qualified accountant with previous experience of supporting on month end processes
- Confident in leading management account creation process
- Comfortable making decisions that require judgement
- Experience of supporting on preparation of tax returns (corporation tax, R&D and VAT)
- Strong communication skills and previous experience of managing a variety of stakeholders
- Strong experience of working in a team towards a common objective within tight deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Experience of using Dynamics 365 and Business Intelligence tools is beneficial but not essential
- Experience managing team members
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of the company. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.