We are on a mission to make the world a more thortful place. Our community of designers and illustrators create witty, topical and unique greeting cards that make people smile, laugh, and feel a sense of connection. At thortful, we use the best tech to make the experience of finding, sending and receiving cards simple and fun.
We champion independent creatives and small businesses, paying our creators an industry-leading royalty rate for each card sold.
Our journey to making the world a more thortful place is always full of fun; we think like entrepreneurs, are open minded and inclusive, and always put customer happiness at the heart of what we do.
We’re passionate about what we are building and we hope you will be too.
About the team
Our Customer Happiness team does just that, they keep our customers happy! We take pride in our approach to customer care, always going the extra mile. The team is responsible for managing all customer communications and queries via different channels. They really are busy bee’s, especially during our seasonal occasion peaks, but they make sure our customers don’t know any different and deliver the best service all year round. From responding to tweets, and answering calls, to managing the inbox; the Customer Happiness team helps make the world a more thortful place, one customer interaction at a time.
We’re looking for a number of Customer Happiness temps from all backgrounds to help us during the Valentine's Day season peak! The team operates 7 days a week between the hours of 9am - 6pm so shifts are allocated accordingly, taking into account everyone's preferences.
What you’ll be doing
- We’re looking for people to help us out during our Valentine's Day season, between the 5th to 21st of February – with potential to stay on a bit longer depending on demand.
- Help keep our customers happy across our different comm’s channels (mainly email, chats, and phones) – you’ll need to be friendly, professional, and be able to take the initiative to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Liaise with the extended thortful team to manage orders and resolve any issues.
- Providing 5 star customer service and displaying exceptional communication skills
- You are self-motivated, you enjoy working in a start-up and thrive in a fast moving environment
- You pay attention to detail, you have a natural ability to think on your feet to solve problems and you are organised (think Monica from Friends!)
- You have a positive, enthusiastic attitude and a good sense of humour
- You are comfortable managing a range of tasks independently but not afraid to ask for help when needed
- You’re passionate about what we do and want to be part of our mission to make the world a more thortful place
The logistical bits
- Hourly rate of £9.60 per hour and opportunity for overtime
- Full time – 5 days a week on average
- Shifts allocated on a rota basis (may include weekends)
- 9am-6pm shifts; flexible based on demand
- Fully remote work – as we experience high volumes of enquiries, you will need an internet connection speed of least 20MB & your own computer
- Online paid training provided within temping period
At thortful, we respect and value the differences in people and so we encourage all applicants to come as you are. We believe that diverse and inclusive teams nurture creativity and is therefore the key to our success. Much like our cards, we are creating a workplace that represents ALL people.