At Smart Money People, we’re driven by a very clear mission: to use the power of consumer reviews to help increase trust and transparency in financial services.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at one of the UK's leading review and insight platforms focused on financial services. We harness consumer reviews to help increase trust and transparency in the increasingly saturated fintech & financial services space to deliver industry leading customer insight.
Smart Money People is at an exciting stage in its growth having just secured further seed investment and by joining now you will have a real chance to both shape the trajectory of the company and your own career. We’re a high-performance team looking for someone who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The Analytics team works with internal and external stakeholders to build an understanding of audiences, getting our clients closer to their consumers and helping them measure their effectiveness. This role requires a commercial mindset in the application of insight. You will help to create compelling insight-driven collateral to support our current and future clients.
Reporting into the Head of Data and Analytics, your key responsibilities for the role will be…
- Producing engaging presentations, reports, dashboards, and visualisations to provide actionable insight and recommendations by extracting, analysing & interpreting large data sets.
- Delivering rigorous, genuinely insightful analysis that solves clients’ business challenges
- Proactively driving improvement by monitoring trends, identifying opportunities, and highlighting risks
- Maintaining and improving business and operational reporting
- Supporting the development of smarter and more automated reports and models, required to keep pace with a competitive and evolving industry.
- Ensuring the on-going integrity and quality of the data, data outputs and insights
- Making data more accessible to the rest of the team
- Interacting with colleagues at all levels of the business to provide strategic insight and guide business decisions whilst raising the profile of the analytics team.
- Working with marketing, campaigns and sales to identify insight from our consumer data and drive opportunities
- Keeping abreast with developments across the data and analytics landscape
The key skills for the role are …
- Degree educated in a highly numerate subject
- Understanding and experience of relational databases
- Knowledge of SQL desired but not essential
- Experience of with data visualisation tools would is desired but not essential
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience of extracting, analysing & interpreting large and sometimes incomplete data sets
- Advanced oral and written communication skills including experience of delivering output that is clear and succinct despite including complex pieces of analysis
- Willingness to learn and continuously improve
- Ability to think logically and strategically
- Strong business acumen and the ability to see commercial opportunities
- A curious and questioning approach with a high attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skill set
What we can offer you…
This is a unique opportunity to join a new team during a stage of growth for the business whilst enjoying that start-up feel. That, along with a salary of up to £25k, a remote working environment and a chance to join an exciting fintech at a high-growth stage.