Whirli is an exciting consumer tech start-up providing a subscription based circular economy for children's toys. Since our launch in 2018 we have seen incredible growth and have raised a substantial £4m seed round at the end of 2020.
We were named by WIRED magazine as one of the hottest startups in Europe of 2021 and are set to have our most exciting year yet.
We are a fun, diverse and hard working team of around 60 people and growing rapidly, 20 of which are 'office' based in Aldgate, London, though remote working has become very normal. And our warehouse team is based in Rainham, Kent.
A bit about the role
Whirl is looking for a CRM Manager to establish a brand new function within its business. Ultimately the role exists to help our customers get the most out of their subscription, fall in love with our brand and onboard new customers.
They will work with the customer experience, growth, brand, retail and product teams to define and create customer segmentations. Alongside these teams, they will design customer journey flows for different customer segments to drive growth and reduce churn. They will build out Whirli’s email marketing capacity and fulfillment, and create new ways to communicate with customers, such as through in-app notifications. They will design user journeys that help customers get the best out of their subscription, by delivering automated and highly personalised content at the time that a customer most needs it or wants it. They will create eye-catching emails that engage readers and reflect the brand. And, they will understand what a good Whirli customer looks like, so they can reach out and convert more people into customers.
- They will be data driven and have previously worked with a customer data platform, using it to segment our customer base and design workflows and user journeys based on customer personas..
- They will continually optimise their work, using A/B tests and data to drive performance
- They will analyse report and evaluate their work, figuring out how their role will adapt and change to deliver results
- They will be systematic and create a framework, establishing objectives for each area of their role to ensure their communication delivers.
- They will know and have experience in designing and delivering highly personalised, automated content to customers at the most optimal time
- They will be great with words and understand the most effective way to communicate to influence user behaviour and achieve their objectives.
- They will also have a keen design eye and know how to visually communicate. They will understand how visual design helps and leverages performance, as well as supporting and promoting the brand.
- You’ll have 3 - 5 years CRM experience ideally at a subscription-based consumer tech business or SaaS business
- You’ll have lots of experience running retention CRM campaigns
- You’ll design emails in line with insights and industry best practice to optimise for effectiveness and deliverability
- You’ll have experience using tools such as Braze, Iterable or Hubspot or similar
- You will have designed and executed highly personalised, automated emails, having developed and designed user journey workflows
- You’ll be comfortable with data and understand how a customer data platform can best be used to deliver your results
- Ideally you’ll have exposure to CRM beyond email (eg. in-app, notifications, SMS, WhatsApp)
- You’ll have a keen eye for design, and are able to identity what good email design looks like to achieve the desired results and remain on-brand
- You’ll be able to demonstrate how language and design can influence user behaviour and be optimised to achieve your objectives
Perks of the job:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Share options
- Flexible working arrangements to mix in-office (Aldgate/Liverpool Street) with remote, depending on individual preference and circumstance.
- A diverse, hard working and friendly team with regular organised and informal social events.
- All the tools and equipment you’ll need.