Scale up … Strategy … Climate Impact …
If that got you excited, you could be the next recruit on Kamma’s mission to leverage tech and data to help the world reach net carbon zero.
Kamma is a Venture Capital backed innovative tech company with a focus on positive social impact. We’re in the scale up stage of our journey and to help us navigate further, we’re seeking an Ops Executive, with 1-2 years’ experience in a professional environment.
The right person will be enthusiastic to get their hands dirty on a daily basis with wide ranging tasks from supporting our CEO, to helping the leadership team prepare for board presentations or off-sites, to getting stuck-in with customer deliverables. No task will be too big, and no task too small, you will simply get what needs to be done, done!
This opportunity offers a career without ceiling. The varied experience on offer, working across multiple teams, makes this an ideal role for an ambitious person with aspirations to grow but who may not want to specialise at this early stage in their career.
If you’re looking for an easy role with a nicely defined list of tasks, Kamma probably isn’t for you. But if the potential to make a major impact at the heart of a unique tech company exhilarates you, then we’d love to hear from you!
We are a pioneering technology company building unique, geospatial datasets from disparate sources of information. We arm property-related stakeholders for the fight against climate change, delivering a pathway to net zero, enhancing risk management, supporting regulatory compliance and identifying green business growth opportunities.
Social impact is a central pillar here at Kamma. Climate change and raising living standards in the private rented sector are two impact missions underpinning our commercial strategy. Climate change is the biggest threat we have ever faced and we are on a mission to overcome this humongous challenge by helping businesses achieve carbon neutrality for all UK property: Property Zero. Finding people that share our values is a crucial part of this pursuit.
You will report directly to our CEO and will gain exposure to and work with people across the entire leadership team and business as you support and collaborate in day to day administration and operations to get key projects or launches delivered. Organisation is a must for this role.
At Kamma, we principally hire on the basis of personality and intelligence above technical skills and experience. For this position, we are looking for initiative and energy in someone who wants to play a flexible and key role in supporting key people in the business to keep both internal-facing and external-facing operations running smoothly.
- Assistant to CEO – support our CEO on a daily basis on everything ranging from client communications, diary coordination, trip planning, presentation drafting and staff, investor and Board communications and coordination
- Supporting our CEO throughout fundraising will be a key part of this role and will involve liaising with venture capitalists, presentation planning and data preparation
- Leadership team support and coordination – you will play a key role solving problems across the leadership team to ensure our department heads across tech, commercial, product, marketing and finance are supported to ensure smooth running of Kamma
- Data and presentation proofing – supporting the delivery of internal and external presentations or data-driven content to ensure we’re 100% accurate, all the time
- Research - supporting new product and market research
- Testing, proofing and validating new products / client deliverables
- Event organisation – planning and delivering Kamma calendar of staff events e.g. off-site strategy events, monthly all-hands meetings, summer parties, charity days and supporting the marketing team on client facing events
- Operations administration and strategising – supporting our COO to ensure Kamma is operationally set up to continue to scale as a business
Our ideal candidate:
If you are confident, organised, independent, and like the idea of wearing many hats in a tight and growing entrepreneurial company striving for extremely high standards, then this could be the role for you!
You will not be precious about the work you do, as with any young company tasks will range from simple and administrative to highly strategic - you understand that all tasks, big and small, propel the company forward.
You will need to build rapport and relationships internally and externally, and be disciplined and tenacious enough to drive tangible value without the need for minute guidance.
This role is fundamental to our scaling strategy and as an early member of a young company, you will have the opportunity to influence across the board, from the ground up. If you’re willing to get stuck into whatever needs doing in order to drive the business forward, we would love to hear from you!
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an office / corporate environment
- Strong academic record to degree level from a top-tier University
- Ambitious, with a desire to be the best in the career you choose
- Excellent written word, able to write fluently and professionally
- An analytical mindset comfortable with numerical analysis and attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills particularly including PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong organisational and project management skills able to organise and plan effectively
- Experience is very secondary in our process; we're looking for talented hungry people that want to make a big impact
- All candidates will be expected to excel in a self-managed, team environment, working pragmatically across locations and with teams of different disciplines
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Matched pension contributions
- Medical cover
- 25 days annual leave
- 2 extra Charity Days of leave to use for whatever charitable endeavour you wish to improve the world through; we really encourage our staff to take these
- Kamma Book Club - an annual allowance to spend on whatever books interest you
- Regular team events: games night, pub quizzes etc.
- A founding team who are passionate about what we do and are looking for inspiring people to join our journey
- A highly collaborative team giving everyone the opportunity to affect crucial decisions at the heart of the company
- Huge ambitions to utilise and develop our data and technology capabilities to move into new areas and markets
A company you’ve always wanted to work with
At Kamma, we believe that diversity is imperative to driving creativity, innovation and value for our clients, and even more importantly, for our people. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and as such, we are a committed equal opportunities employer. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, or social background.