We’re not just a ticketing company, we’re the technology partner for delivering unforgettable experiences for live music events. We provide technology solutions to promoters and producers of live music so that they can put on incredible experiences for their customers, from the moment tickets go on-sale until the music stops.
Since our beginning in 2012, we have partnered with over 4,000 festival, and event organisers across 40 different countries, such as Coachella, Tomorrowland, BST Hyde Park, Amnesia Ibiza to name but a few.
We recently completed our Series F funding round and are backed by some of Europe's largest VC funds giving us the resources and stability to realise our global ambitious growth plan.
Our growing international team of over 100 people from 20 different nationalities and across over 10 locations are passionate about live music and about creating the best experience for our partners and their growing community of over 5 million customers worldwide. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest-growing music/travel tech companies in the world, where you will have ample opportunity to grow as we continue to scale.
We are looking for a front-end engineer who possesses a keen eye for detail and a passion for collaboration and getting features into production. Someone who wants to learn whilst delivering quality.
You would be working in one of our product-focused teams. We have several B2C websites and mobile applications for users to discover events and purchase tickets, along with a B2B platform for promoters to create and manage their events.
Working closely with other frontend engineers, backend engineers, QA engineers and the team’s product manager, you would be involved in planning new work and helping the product manager decide what the team should be working on to achieve the team’s goals.
You would also be working on frontend technical tasks to improve our frontend architecture, improve the performance and usability of the site, make use of new technologies, reduce complexity, write and maintain our internal tooling and make development easier.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”.
We’re always looking to improve our stack when new technologies can provide value. These are some of the tools and libraries we’re using at the moment:
- React (React Native for our mobile app) and styled-components
- Redux / Sagas
- Node / Express for server-side rendering
- Typescript / ESLint
- Jest / RTL / Enzyme / Cypress / Percy / Chromatic / Storybook
- Babel / Webpack
- Docker / AWS / Semaphore CI / App Center
Here’s a more comprehensive list: http://stackshare.io/festicket/festicket
We work in collaborative, product-focussed, cross-functional teams that are empowered to define their own work and organise themselves. We work incrementally and dedicate time to refactoring, updating our stack and libraries or experimenting with new technologies. We like to build fast, scalable, easily maintainable applications using whichever tools are right for the job. Most of all, we like to deliver! We believe in manageable chunks of work with continuous integration and delivery to enable multiple production releases per day, so that we’re always making progress.
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that learning, growth and development should be part of any role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, some experience in the following is important for the role:
- Ideally 3+ years experience in a commercial web development environment
- Professional experience working with React or comparable frontend frameworks
- Experience writing CSS with CSS-in-JS solutions
- Previous use of global state management libraries like Redux
- Familiarity with modern web development workflows (Typescript, Webpack, Storybook)
- Experience with various testing approaches (Unit, Integration, E2E)
- A passion for learning and personal development
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly to tech and business stakeholders alike
- A computing or software engineering degree or applicable commercial engineering experience
- Some experience of the Open Source community or a desire to get involved with it
- Experience working with server-side rendering using Node.js
- Experience in mobile app development using React Native
We’re a team of 100, with our HQ located in the amazing heart of Camden, and by joining us you will be part of one of the fastest-growing music/travel tech companies in the world, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
Alongside this, It’s also important that with us you feel healthy, happy, and content, both inside and outside of work. So we have tried to create a benefits package that achieves exactly that.
Your time inside Festicket:
- Dog-friendly office
- Tea, coffee, breakfasts, and snacks and a well-stocked fridge dedicated to keeping beers, wine, and prosecco at the perfect temperature.
- Monthly socials- Bowling, karaoke, pub quizzes, drinks, sports days, cinema nights, boardgames nights etc. - Covid permitting.
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible work from home options
- Value-driven start-up culture
Your time outside Festicket:
- A minimum of 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) per year & the opportunity to take more
- 15 sick days per annum
- Extra days holiday for your birthday
- Festicket workplace pension
- £50 Festicket voucher
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Travel season ticket loan